Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Partition Walls

Partition Walls

I generaly create a room and under it create a wall for each wall in the room, Ceiling, Floor, wall2,wall2,wall3,wall4, and Place devices on walls

But I see there is the ability to Create "Partition Walls" for the room that have a part A abd a Part B. What is his used for, purpose, how to use it

Any insight would be appreciated
    Pete Watters
    Home Automation Associates

I believe this is a carry-over from commercial where you have meeting rooms that can be combined by opening the "partition" and creating one large room.

I'm curious about your use of walls, etc. within a room. It seems like that would make for a busy directory tree?? I generally only have a couple of control stations so I just label them "at Foyer (entry)" etc. It sounds like your tree would be 1st floor - dining room - front wall/back wall/foyer wall/kitchen wall/ceiling? I'm curious as to how you use all those divisions??

Randy
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    I believe this is a carry-over from commercial where you have meeting rooms that can be combined by opening the "partition" and creating one large room.

I'm curious about your use of walls, etc. within a room. It seems like that would make for a busy directory tree?? I generally only have a couple of control stations so I just label them "at Foyer (entry)" etc. It sounds like your tree would be 1st floor - dining room - front wall/back wall/foyer wall/kitchen wall/ceiling? I'm curious as to how you use all those divisions??

Randy
    Most if not all rooms will have a dimmer for down lighting and some more if adding any task lighting or fans. Many rooms will also have keypads not only to managing lighting but also shades and 3rd party systems.
    For example we have integrated Levition's OmniPro II into Homeworks and will use a keypad button to turn on a Pond and/or water fall pump using Universal Power Buss (120v).

It is also the structure we use to locate structured wiring drops so it maintains a continuity. We also have cameras Integrated via the Cameras OmniPro II then Homeworks which we use to trip lighting loads based on events triggerd by the camera.

We also prefer wired vs RF systems and I have created a program for my personal use that helps me measure wiring distances from a central wire closet to a drop on a wall be it structured wiring or a Luton keypad or switch or sensor

Thats why I use the walls
    Pete Watters
    Home Automation Associates