Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Builder wants to add RA2 to 200+ homes next to each other. Is this possible?

Builder wants to add RA2 to 200+ homes next to each other. Is this possible?

Builder wants to add RA2 to 200+ homes next to each other in a new smarthome subdivision.

First - I guess I shoud ask if this possible?

What considerations do I need to be aware of when running multiple systems near each other?

Just trying to plan in advance and make sure this is possible. Hate to have inteference between multiple neighbors.

Thank you so very much in advance for your help!

I think it should be fine, but I don't know. I just have to comment on what an amazing business opportunity that could be for you! :)

3. Thanks RA2-Designer-Gal thanked for this post
    Likes jkvossen liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by schalliol View Post
    I think it should be fine, but I don't know. I just have to comment on what an amazing business opportunity that could be for you! :)
    Ditto the opportunity bit!!! Man I wish I was you :)

To my knowledge it *should* work, I would highly recommend giving Lutron a call though and providing more specifics..

IE:
    How close together are the homes
    How big are the homes and where in them are the Main and any AUX Repeaters likely to be located. Basically how far aware are the repeaters from each other in different houses, this should be not just side to side but also back and front. I'm "ok" at Lutron but my background is as a network engineer for both wired and wireless networks. Depending on the proximity of the houses I shudder to think about the RF noise flying around....

5. Thanks RA2-Designer-Gal thanked for this post
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    We will have someone from Lutron to reach out to you to help assist you with this opportunity.

7. Thanks RA2-Designer-Gal thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig W. View Post
    We will have someone from Lutron to reach out to you to help assist you with this opportunity.
    I wouldn't hate knowing the general answer to this question myself... is it something that can be shared with the community here?

9. Thanks RA2-Designer-Gal thanked for this post
    Devices are not designed as long range so interference will be minimal. Adjacent properties may have some interference but each device has a unique ID and transmissions are relatively infrequent. So you may get some collisions resulting in missed messages but you won't have devices from one property controlling devices on another property. There are 60 RF channels available so you can assign channels to systems in such a way to further eliminate interference between adjacent properties, though this adds some extra setup work.

11. Thanks RA2-Designer-Gal thanked for this post
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    In general there are no special considerations to take into account when doing an entire development with RadioRA2 systems. However with an opportunely like this reaching out to your local Lutron sales person would be recommended to help ensure there is nothing unique that would need to be taken into consideration.

13. Thanks RA2-Designer-Gal thanked for this post
    I believe there is 256 specific I.d.s. The freq will be the same but the communication will be different. Not sure how you set the I.d.
    I am not as dumb as you look..

15. Thanks RA2-Designer-Gal thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by RA2-Designer-Gal View Post
    Builder wants to add RA2 to 200+ homes next to each other in a new smarthome subdivision.
    What are the average distances between the houses?

I find Pico traffic into a new construction house tops out at around 35' from the main repeater.

17. Thanks RA2-Designer-Gal thanked for this post
    i would assume that one good practice in this situation would be to make sure you are only "activating" one home at a time so that you don't accidentally capture the ID from another device in a neighboring home.

19. Thanks RA2-Designer-Gal thanked for this post
    Likes Dimerize liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast