Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Replacing 2 single pole switches with 1 Caseta Dimmer & 1 PD-6ANS-WH switch

Replacing 2 single pole switches with 1 Caseta Dimmer & 1 PD-6ANS-WH switch

Hi - Quick wiring question. I currently have a two gang electrical box with two single pole switches. One switch controls a light (right switch) and the other controls a fan (left switch). I want to replace the current fan switch with the PD-6ANS-WH (i.e. the PD-6ANS-WH non-dimming switch) and the other single pole light switch with the Caseta dimmer (P-PKG1W-WH-R). When I look at my current wiring setup, I am not sure which wires are hot and which are the load wires. The image on the right below shows my current wiring setup and it looks like I have 3 hot wires (not sure though). The switch on the left (in the right image below) is the current switch for the fan, the switch on the right is for the light. The switch on the right looks like it has 2 hot wires connected to it (i.e. the two screw-terminated connections on its right). Presently, all three ground wires are terminated together and separately all three neutral wires are terminated together.

Image on the left shows the fan switch (and its wiring) I am looking to install (green = ground, red = load wire, black = hot wire, white = neutral, blue = 3-way connections).

How should I wire those three (which are presumably hot wires) to the two Caseta Wireless switches I am looking to install?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fan Switch.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	792Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CurrentSwitchSetup(Comments).jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	671.3 KB 
ID:	793

Most likely:
    1. The bottom one labeled as "Goes back to wall (Hot Wire?)" is the hot wire coming into the box and is used for the light switch.
    2. The one you labeled as "Connected between both switches (Load Wire?) is a jumper wire which is the hot wire for the fan. It is called a jumper wire because it is connected to the wire above.
    3. The top one labeled as "Goes back to wall (Hot Wire?)" is the load for the light. Another words, goes to the light.
    4. The middle one labeled as "Goes back to wall (Hot Wire?)" is the load for the fan. Another words, goes to the fan.