Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: System all funky

System all funky

Hows that for a title?
    Multiple issues I will be there Tue to diagnose.
    Was told time clock is coming on way to early and at odd hours. He had me set it originally for 20 min after sunset. He confirmed today that is what the app shows. Said the lights came on today at 4:30 AM. Have confirmed my On and off time clocks. Also a lamp module on his main scene came on way to early but but nothing else did. Keypads all work fine.
    Last transfer whent through clean. 12.01. It is plugged into a switch along with the connect bridge.
    Was told by tech "I strongly urge you to take it off the switch and go direct into the router. Switches are generally IP6 and Ra2 is IP4"
    I'll pull a support file and look over it but would appreciate any ideas.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MitchE View Post
    Was told by tech "I strongly urge you to take it off the switch and go direct into the router. Switches are generally IP6 and Ra2 is IP4"
    Lutron Tech told you that? He has no idea what he's talking about. Most Ethernet switches work at the data link layer and don't do IP4 or IP6. Only Layer 3 managed switches pay attention to network addresses, and only if specifically programmed to do so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_switch

I agree with FlyingDiver, and not just because of the cool screen name. The issues you are describing are on the RR2 side, not a function of Ethernet communication.

For the obvious, make sure you have the location set correctly. Sometimes updates can cause the location to change.

Make sure you have adequate aux repeaters.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

MitchE-
    Check the time on your laptop. If the omputer's time is off, that's what the main gets its time from.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

I think its the repeater location.
    All worked fine for weeks with main sitting in the hallway where it shouldn't have been working. Started issue when moved 10' to office and put on network.
    Time and location are correct. 32.4 and 117.1
    Will look at support file then move reps around.

Went back on Tue 3rd. All keypads work fine.
    Before making any changes
    1st, telnet in. Sunset,sunrise, location, timezone all correct. Date time are wrong Monday April 16 2018
    Date and time are correct on my laptop

2nd pull support file. Only shows date up to 6-20-18

3rd extract file. What is odd here is that in the app(connect or Home+) it only shows the Off time clock. The file, either the extracted or the original show both On and Off.
    He did uncheck Normal, Vacation, and Alternate in the ON time clock in the Connect app so I tested. Changed back to Normal timeclock. Extracted again and still shows only OFF timeclock.

Transfer then telnet and time date correct. Adjust time to 30 sec before timeclock activation and watched it all work. Trans again for minor change he requested, did same with telnet and trans. Worked
    Trans one last time for back lite setting on two keypads. trans. All fail. WHAAAAAAAAT????
    Try trans again. ALLLLL FAIL.
    Restart laptop. Trans. All Pass.
    Do a bunch of other electrical work.
    Leave house.
    Get text 4th July. Timeclock all funky again.

Back here on 5th. 8:30 ish. Telnet says time 12:24:00. Date is Wed April 18 2018

Call Tech. Very helpful but also stumped.
    Replacing main
    One device takes multiple transfers to go through all others work every time

I would reset the main repeater(s) to factory default. Since the project seems to be some distance, I would replace the main repeater(s).

If the project continues with new repeaters, your database may be corrupted. If you have an older version, you could try uploading it.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Replaced main. Will see what happens tonight.
    The fact that it was stuck on the 20th, which was one of my on site days, tells me something got stuck back in time.
    Also, just because, moved main and bridge off the switch and to router in the closet.
    I should say all this was over wireless. I know I preach against it but on this house was easier. Or should have been.
    I did notice that transfers where faster after the move.
    Though about a firmware update but at this point had to make a stronger choice to keep customers confidence.

Learned a new thing from tech. Bet you all new this. Told me when you factory default the main take it well of site. Go down to the local coffee shop.
    Said when you default it sends a reset to all devices. So you will have to reactivate all devices. When you install a new main it slides right in with no need to activate or change anything.
    Like to think I didn't know this because I have very few main go down. One was a complete replacement. The other was at the beginning of my Lutron journey and was a small system.

I am having a very similar experience at a clients site with timeclock events. The system seems to have a mind of its own. On and off events are starting / ending whenever they feel like it. I am also using 12.01. The site is a good sized condo, single floor with no more than 20' from any device to a main repeater or Aux repeater. Uploads have been without issue and there are few devices on the system <40. I'm thinking there may be a software bug. Did replacing the repeater fix the issue? Thanks.

Connected
    Yes the repeater swap fixed it. Customer called the next day and said all is well. Haven't heard a peep from him since.
    I'm betting a factory reset would have fixed it but as I said previous that wasn't the best option at the time.
    Pull a support file and look at the dates. Curious to see if yours got stuck like mine.
    Pull the support even if you swap out or reset. Lutron may be interested in the info.
    I doubt moving the main and bridge is what made a diff. Moving them should have made the system worse as it took the main farther from one of the Aux.