Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Radio RA2 and hembar alignment with SIRI

Radio RA2 and hembar alignment with SIRI

Good morning everyone, my name is Chris I am new here to the Lutron forums.

I have installed a Radio RA2 system in my house with Triathlon shades as well as light switches. I have the Lutron Connect Bridge to control my shades via siri as well. When I use the Lutron Connect app to close my shades, via a virtual iOS created remote with the five shades grouped, in my Sunroom there is perfect hembar alignment amongst my 5 shades in the room. When I use my Apple homepod and ask siri to close the shades int he sunroom there is no hembar alignment and the shades start closing at different times, but at the same speed. Is there a way with HomeKit that I can have the shades grouped so they open and close at the same time. I am unable to add the virtual pico remote that I have in Lutron Connect to the Apple Home app. Also if I add a scene to the Home app there is still no hembar alignment.

If it works on the way up, it should work on the way down. I would check the upper limit and make sure they are all the same.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I have noticed that Siri does this. Try creating a scene for "shades open" and "shades closed" in the Lutron software. Have Siri activate the scene. Siri tries to run all the individual shades (even when grouped) and results in slightly different start times.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

I just tried to create a scene on the luton connect app with the same results, the hembars not aligning when using Siri. When I use the app and press the scene on the the app the hembars are aligned. I am beginning to think that Siri will always activate each shade individually. Not sure if there are any other options to try having them activated simultaneously. Even when making a scene in the Home app the hem bars do not align when the scene is pressed.

Try naming the shade scene something like Windows. Allows for testing the scene, Siri is "smart" enough to know open shades includes all shades.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols