Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RA 2 select design assistance

RA 2 select design assistance

Hi! I couldnt find a forum for RA 2 select sorry if its in wrong area.
    I have a 4k sw foot home that I’d like to use the RA 2 select system on. I have 2,3 and 4 way setups that I need to do using LED lights.
    I also have a two switch fan and led light system id like to convert to one switch.
    There will be lights i do not put on the system
    There will be sensors in bathrooms and laundry room area.
    From what i found I can use
    Rrd-6cl
    Rrd 6na- not sure how to differentiate or is in place of rd-rd in suggested setup?
    Pico remotes will replace some areas where there are switches ie currently 4 switches in foyer plan to do main, 2 secondary and pico.. is that correct?

The 6CL is designed for use with OTC, screw-in CFL & LED bulbs. There is a compatibility chart at lutron.com/led.
    The 6NA is adaptive and can do forward or reverse phase control. If your LED has an electronic low voltage (ELV) driver you will need the 6NA.
    The 6ND is a relatively new device which requires a neutral connection but may be a better option than the 6CL.
    The RD-RD is a companion dimmer and only works with a master dimmer (6CL, 6NA, 6ND, etc.). It is used in the place of 3-way/4-way switches.
    The RA2 dimmers offer true multi-location dimming so you won't necessarily need the Pico for 3-way/4-way control.
    You can still add a Pico for control from locations where wiring does not exist. For example, you can put a Pico at the bedside to control the lights when there is only one switch at the door.

The R2S main repeater plugs into the network so its location is limited. You can add 1 wireless repeater for a larger footprint. R2S devices do communicate with each other but they do not relay or repeat signals.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    The 6CL is designed for use with OTC, screw-in CFL & LED bulbs. There is a compatibility chart at lutron.com/led.
    The 6NA is adaptive and can do forward or reverse phase control. If your LED has an electronic low voltage (ELV) driver you will need the 6NA.
    The 6ND is a relatively new device which requires a neutral connection but may be a better option than the 6CL.
    The RD-RD is a companion dimmer and only works with a master dimmer (6CL, 6NA, 6ND, etc.). It is used in the place of 3-way/4-way switches.
    The RA2 dimmers offer true multi-location dimming so you won't necessarily need the Pico for 3-way/4-way control.
    You can still add a Pico for control from locations where wiring does not exist. For example, you can put a Pico at the bedside to control the lights when there is only one switch at the door.

The R2S main repeater plugs into the network so its location is limited. You can add 1 wireless repeater for a larger footprint. R2S devices do communicate with each other but they do not relay or repeat signals.

Thank you Randy. If Im not sure about the presence of a neutral is it ok to use the 6na? Ive asked an electrician to come out but it will take a while.
    My 3 way would be a 6na and an rd-rd.
    If i do find there are neutral wires(i shiuld be able to tell if i open it up) then itd be the 6nd

Fans and neutrals present

I have neutral wires present! Which would be best to use?

I have ceiling fans that are led with integrated controls and two switches.
    Can i renove the remote and use one of the fan switches available? Is it just one switch and all fans are lef but i dont see listed as an option