Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lutron Home Control+ App to be discontinued by Sept 15, 2019

I don't mind the separate box (bridge). If you incorporate the bridge into the processor and you have multiple processors you wind up adding cost with no additional function. In RR2 it would be (2) bridges but in HQS is could be many more.

I also understand Lutron's desire to not have the headaches of maintaining 2 apps. With that in mind, I think we should identify the critical features of HC+ so Lutron can incorporate them into Connect. So...

1. It's hard to quantify, but I prefer the look and feel of HC+. As this is an end-user tool, I'll defer to what they like as long as the functionality is there.
    2. Ability to use the app without internet access. No funky guest mode.
    3. Ability to easily use the app with multiple customers. Since the bridge is keyed to a Lutron account, I would have to go to a customers house and press the connect button every time.

I'm sure there is more.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    I don't mind the separate box (bridge). If you incorporate the bridge into the processor and you have multiple processors you wind up adding cost with no additional function. In RR2 it would be (2) bridges but in HQS is could be many more.

I also understand Lutron's desire to not have the headaches of maintaining 2 apps. With that in mind, I think we should identify the critical features of HC+ so Lutron can incorporate them into Connect. So...

1. It's hard to quantify, but I prefer the look and feel of HC+. As this is an end-user tool, I'll defer to what they like as long as the functionality is there.
    2. Ability to use the app without internet access. No funky guest mode.
    3. Ability to easily use the app with multiple customers. Since the bridge is keyed to a Lutron account, I would have to go to a customers house and press the connect button every time.

I'm sure there is more.
    after working with 1 project multiple users:
    1. Need to set up config for app once and make default for new users. I get the 'feature' that is custom app set up for each user but I have 1 project with 4+ users each needing the same 8+ scenes and 16+ devices and it's a drag re-creating the app on each device.
    2. Seems we only need to press the button once at activation on the system. If that is true, even if user changes the credentials, this is a good thing.
    3. Need to be able to put keypads in as favorite devices- client is already used to keypad and understands layout/toggle function/feedback etc on a keypad so make a device that is a the keypad pls.
    4. Need to be able to quickly reorganize favorite scenes- I have stumbled upon first in, top of list, last in, bottom of list but it's a big drag when you create a new scene and want it at the top of the list.
    5. Contrast. Color mode. Something other than purple or not purple. It is not an improvement on LHC+
    6. On this project, I've found Connect app to be very reliable and quick to connect. Big improvement over LHC+

somewhat related- would be great if forum kept me signed in for more than 15 minutes while I'm typing notes in live at the jobsite. I lost my earlier thread due to timeout. Come on forum, it's not like the security here is keeping out the riff-raff. Let me stay signed in.

Ios12

Quote Originally Posted by Craig W. View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to reach out. We always appreciate feedback from the field regarding how we can improve our products to better meet your needs. Between now and September 2019 we will be gathering input like yours and making changes in the Lutron Connect app with the goal of having a seamless transition. We understand the feedback regarding the appearance on the iPad app.

Regarding local only access, the Connect bridge with the Connect app does support fully offline, local only access. When adding the system in the app, you can use the option that is currently called “Guest Mode” to achieve this. It will work with the system in much the same way as the LHC+ app does today when not using remote access.
    Home control plus does not work with iOS 12.

No Lutron , you can’t discontinue de control home + app , that was my selling argument in much of my clients and now i cant tell there is no app any more , what happen if they dont like the new one , or they dont want to buy any other Extra Item , What a great idea !, if you want money sell the app at the price of the Bridge but dont discontinue .

Quote Originally Posted by Gmgarland46 View Post
    According to some Lutron engineers Ive spoken with, a big reason we are stuck with a seperate box (Connect Bridge) is because of Apple. In order to talk to siri/connect with Apple hardware, they required Lutron to provide a seperate box with a seperate chip specifically for this.
    Well, that`s not entirely true. Apple used to have that requirement, but now it`s been raised. Since the launch of ios 11.3, Apple started to accept software authentication for Homekit enabled devices. All hardware manufacturers still need to pass Apple`s Homekit certification, but now they can use software only solutions.

You can read more about this at https://www.imore.com/how-homekits-s...tication-works

Dear Moderator,
    I have a Lutron HW Illumination System Series 8 and it is working great. i have several panels of RMA's that all seem to be functioning and doing fine. I have an AMX system that is a little over 10 years old and was all put in at the same time. the AMX system is doing fine as well. I would like to convert my shade control and thermostat control and music control to the Lutron system and slowly move away from the AMX which is not user-friendly and I feel will not be a value to a new homeowner in the future.

can you help, point me in the right direction I see the bridge seems to be the way to go. I currently use the home + app and it works great on my phone and iPad to control the lights rather than the amx panels. i jhope they keep it all the same and i hope someone can help me with this question that was a response to the previous statement. Sorry guys

sincerely
    iexplorer

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mandel View Post
    Home control plus does not work with iOS 12.
    Can anyone verify whether HC+ now works with iOS 12?

Well today my HC+ app said it needed to be updated and wouldn't open. I went to the app store and there was no update but if I clicked open app there it opened, go figure. Once opened it worked. You mileage may vary!
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

Quote Originally Posted by terry98004 View Post
    Can anyone verify whether HC+ now works with iOS 12?
    I have LHC+ v9.13 running on both an iPhone 6S and an iPad Pro running iOS 12.1 without problems.

Wow, I get the need to slim down what's supported and what isn't, but discontinuing the Home Control+ app is a horrible idea. Leave it on the App Store and leave it in maintenance mode! The last thing we need is to sell a Home Connect bridge to those with perfectly working RRA2 installs.

11. Thanks wkearney99 thanked for this post
    Likes wkearney99 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast