Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Unable to create scenes on Connect

Unable to create scenes on Connect

I have an RA2 with the connect bridge. Controlling lights from the app and alexa work well. When I try to create a scene, however, I have problems. The tab starts by showing add/remove scenes (there are no scenes yet). When I click on Add/Remove it doesn't take me to a page where I can create a scene name/icon. Instead it lists all of the rooms that I have with an (i) next to them. If i click on anything it gives a message saying "No compatible scenes available in this area"

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

It's looking for scenes on keypads. If you don't have keypads, then you can not have a scene saved. Shortsighted, since this feature works in Caseta and RA2 Select.

Contact the original programmer, he can have a Homeowner Keypad programmed into the sytem (doesn't exist in real space) and you'll be able to add the scenes and modify from the app.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by SDR-Mike View Post
    It's looking for scenes on keypads. If you don't have keypads, then you can not have a scene saved. Shortsighted, since this feature works in Caseta and RA2 Select. Contact the original programmer, he can have a Homeowner Keypad programmed into the sytem (doesn't exist in real space) and you'll be able to add the scenes and modify from the app.
    I just got bit by this creating my first RadioRa 2 system, after having done Caseta setups in the past. This seems like a substantial shortcoming; you can't even use scenes programmed to phantom buttons. I don't understand why this wasn't fixed already.

Naming scenes

I have a virtual keypad and have scenes set up. My problem is I can’t seem to edit the name of the scene. It has a button number. I can change the icon for the scene. I can not name the scene.

Limitation of RadioRA2, you've never been able to edit scene names. The main repeater processor is ancient and cannot support this. It would be in the Connect Bridge that this would happen, since it is the Caseta/R2S equivalent- but it does not hold the programming, the main repeater does. For full RadioRA2, the Connect Bridge is basically a translator from the newer API for the apps and the older communication in the main repeater.

Yet I have some. I think I was able to do in Home Connect + or something with a plus. But now that app no longer connects into the system.

Home Control +is dead, and does not work on the newer 12.xx software and firmware.

Can not understand why they would ditch something that improved function.

Moving forward they are using a newer platform that can run on the latest devices, and allows for cloud access with the required security. The HC+ remote access was a debacle on their servers.