Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RadioRA2 Essentials vs. Inclusive

RadioRA2 Essentials vs. Inclusive

I am a homeowner and new to Lutron. My previous homes have had Control4 so I am unfamiliar with the Lutron software. My installed provided me with a copy of the software and project file that he thought was a "Inclusive" version but when I install it, it opens as an "Essentials" version.

What's the difference and what do I need to do to unlock the "Inclusive" version?

Sorry to be such a "newbie".

Just need some direction.

You have to be Lutron certified for Inclusive. I'm not sure if they still do this online or if you have to go to training. You will need a myLutron account with a dealer number. Then go to help, upgrade, and follow the prompts.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Got it.

Thanks

There's an online course that will qualify you for the Essentials level software. Even if you already have the software, it's worth taking the online course. There is a lot to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    You have to be Lutron certified for Inclusive. I'm not sure if they still do this online or if you have to go to training. You will need a myLutron account with a dealer number. Then go to help, upgrade, and follow the prompts.
    The Inclusive/Level 2 course is taught in person by Lutron only. Speak to your local rep regarding getting access to this. Usually takes several jobs completed and reviewed by Lutron to gain entry into the class.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

I just signed up for the course and just got access pacman 30th anniversary

Honestly at this point, what's the point to inclusive/essentials? Ra3 is already out and there is only one software. All the "extra" types of devices that Inclusive offers like Grafik T, Grafik Eye, and WPMs are also either obsolete or unsupported now. All this does is add extra confusion. I think Lutron should just open the whole thing up to make it exclusive.

I too am a homeowner (although Ive done a couple neighbor jobs) and went the inclusive route a couple years back just to have access to the software. RA3 uses a completely different package adn I went ahead and did the on-line training for that several months back, again to get access to the software. My only "issue" was that RA3's package REQUIRES a 64 bit OS (I dont have any Windoze machines other than a 32bit VM) so I didnt get too far.... although from what I recall thats the way to go in the future. I dont remember if the newer package will still work wiht a RA2 controller or not, but worth looking into before buying the class for RA2 (and the kit that came with that class to learn).

Any Windows computer built within the past 8-10 years should be 64 bit- go find a cheap used or new laptop and use that. But to use QSX/RA3 design software you have to be a dealer so not sure youre going to have any luck.

Quote Originally Posted by johnmax View Post
    Any Windows computer built within the past 8-10 years should be 64 bit- go find a cheap used or new laptop and use that. But to use QSX/RA3 design software you have to be a dealer so not sure youre going to have any luck.
    I am a dealer (homeowner too.... go figure). Point being was Lutron's ecosystem is Windoze biased and personally I dont use the platform. As Im personally in the IT industry, Im very familiar with the timelines... and what the differences are. FWIW I do have the RA3 software, just not going to 'invest' in a newer Windoze OS unless I come across a NEED to actually buy it.

Ive always said, when Microsoft makes something that doesnt suck, they will make vacuum's - not going to change my stance as a staunch UNIX engineer anytime soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast