Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Two RA2 systems on same network?

Two RA2 systems on same network?

I have a system that already has 184 devices on it. Can I add another repeater to control the 26 blinds and blind controls that the owner wants to add. Can they be run as a separate system? If so can it be controlled from the Savant system the same way if static iPs are used. Not wanting to upgrade to QS.

You could certainly have two RR2 systems on the same IP-based network and in close proximity, but I don't recommend doing this at all. Do the L2 training and go for inclusive with two main repeaters on one system. This will make much more sense to the homeowner and enable seamless control of light and shading.

It's already a inclusive job. I will be over the total number of 190 devices.

Quote Originally Posted by PCH2OMAN View Post
    It's already a inclusive job. I will be over the total number of 190 devices.
    I just don't understand the advantage of not using two main repeaters and have one cohesive system in that case.

I already have two mains and they only give you a total of 190 devices. I need to run 210 devices this puts me over the limit of RA2 with two main repeaters. This is why I would need to run a standalone system. In talking to Lutron it sounds like I would need to install the new system. This new system would then need to be set up with a different frequency so interference between the two RA2 systems is not an issue. Then a 3rd party controller will go between the two systems.

Quote Originally Posted by PCH2OMAN View Post
    I already have two mains and they only give you a total of 190 devices. I need to run 210 devices this puts me over the limit of RA2 with two main repeaters. This is why I would need to run a standalone system. In talking to Lutron it sounds like I would need to install the new system. This new system would then need to be set up with a different frequency so interference between the two RA2 systems is not an issue. Then a 3rd party controller will go between the two systems.
    My mistake! Indeed, this is a good question!

Add the third master repeater...use a control system like rti to communicate to both systems....via ip. Each system will have different names so the lutron app will work.
    I am not as dumb as you look..

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    To have two RadioRA2 systems on the same network would require you to change the system address of one of the system. To change the system address follow the steps below:

Go to the design screen and find the main repeater
    In the main repeater settings screen click the "show advanced" option.
    Change the last set of numbers in the system address to a unique number.
    Save the settings.