Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PD-6ANS damaged or still not wired right?

Exclamation PD-6ANS damaged or still not wired right?

Hi, all. I just attempted installation of PD-6ANS In-wall switch. Could I have damaged the switch by wiring it incorrectly? Or maybe it's still not wired right?

I initially wired it incorrectly and turned power on, then changed it again (still incorrect) and powered on, then a final time and I believe it was right. That final attempt resulted in finally seeing a dim green power light on the switch. I then turned the switch ON and the green light got brighter; however, my lights never turned on.

Here's how I wired it.
    1st attempt: GREEN to bare wire, BLACK to black(#1), BLUE to black(#2), WHITE to white, RED capped. why this way? because that is 100% exactly how the previous non-Lutron switch was installed by an electrician 5 years ago. Howewver, this didn't work, so I shut off power, read the instructions and rewired as instructed.
    2nd attempt: GREEN to bare wire, BLACK to black(#1), RED to black(#2), WHITE to white, BLUE capped. still didn't work. Instructions suggest maybe I have BLACK and RED reversed.
    3rd attempt: GREEN to bare wire, BLACK black(#2), RED to black(#1), WHITE to white, BLUE capped. Finally I get a small Lutron power light (and a brighter one when ON) and can control from phone; however, the lights don't turn on!

The lights are a set of 3 front porch sconces with small halogen bulbs, rated at 75W max each. This <225W which is well below 600-720W rating of the switch. These lights were working fine with previous switch.

Did I damage it? Is white really blue? Any other ideas? thanks!

justin

I'm currently running into the same situation with this switch, curoius to know if you solved this problem and if so how?

Is this a 3-way/4-way installation? If so you will need the advanced instructions.

http://www.casetawireless.com/Docume...ced%20Inst.pdf
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com