Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Schedule Partially Stopped Running

Schedule Partially Stopped Running

Hi Folks,

I have 11 Lutron Casetas throughout the house plus one Lutron Bridge. I scheduled four of outside lights 1) to come on 15 minutes before sunset and 2) to shut off 15 minutes after sunrise. For six months, the schedule ran flawlessly. Then two days ago, the schedule that turns on the lights 15 minutes before sunset stopped working out of the blue. I haven't touched the Lutron app for programming since the initial setup.

Upon noticing that the lights were incorrectly not on, I manually executed the "turn on lights" in the middle of the night for the past two nights. They correctly shut off near sunrise. But the next night, they did not turn on (i.e. same problem two nights in row). I manually turned them on again and again they correctly shut off. So the problem seems to be the schedule that is supposed to turn the lights on at sunset.

Does anyone have an idea why one of the two established schedules would suddenly partially stop running? I checked the "turn on" schedule and nothing seems to have changed. It's the strangest thing.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mi_sat View Post
    Hi Folks,

I have 11 Lutron Casetas throughout the house plus one Lutron Bridge. I scheduled four of outside lights 1) to come on 15 minutes before sunset and 2) to shut off 15 minutes after sunrise. For six months, the schedule ran flawlessly. Then two days ago, the schedule that turns on the lights 15 minutes before sunset stopped working out of the blue. I haven't touched the Lutron app for programming since the initial setup.

Upon noticing that the lights were incorrectly not on, I manually executed the "turn on lights" in the middle of the night for the past two nights. They correctly shut off near sunrise. But the next night, they did not turn on (i.e. same problem two nights in row). I manually turned them on again and again they correctly shut off. So the problem seems to be the schedule that is supposed to turn the lights on at sunset.

Does anyone have an idea why one of the two established schedules would suddenly partially stop running? I checked the "turn on" schedule and nothing seems to have changed. It's the strangest thing.

Thank you.
    I'm having a related and very similar issue. I had a schedule similar to yours, but I actually turn all lights on at sunset, and then have another bedtime schedule that runs at 10pm to turn all but one front security light back off. This has run fine for several months without issues just like your experience.

I recently wanted to update my bedtime schedule to have it leave a new additional second light turned on for the remainder of the night (until sunrise; just as the original security light was set). My issues is that no matter how many times I try to update the existing schedule, and/or delete and recreate the schedule for this 10pm schedule, the hub still behaves the same as it did before. I cannot update the schedule to work differently with this light. I even went so far as to just delete ALL of my schedules and they are all still running! It's ridiculous!

I wish someone would help us understand what firmware updates may have run (in which we were never notified), etc. that may have broken the ability to change or update schedules . . . ???