Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Version 6.3 Connect on iOS broke Wdigets scene status

Version 6.3 Connect on iOS broke Wdigets scene status

FYI:

The most recent update to the Lutron Connect+RadioRA2 app broke Widget feedback button status. A pressed scene no longer lights up, so you have no idea. Lutron says they will fix it in an upcoming release.

Other issues I reported as well:

- Frequently the wrong widget button is engaged when you slide to the widgets screen, and quickly hit a button. This can be very bad, if one of your buttons is, say, a garage door open. This happens routinely, and is easy to reproduce.

- Frequently the widgets loss connection w/the app, and force you to go open the app. This reduces greatly the value of the entire widget.

- Final issue, this recent update seems to lose connection w/the repeater after a short while of non-use, and when you open the app, it takes a while (again) to reconnect. The Retry screen shows for about 5 seconds. This issue was resolved once, but has returned.

We're on version 7.4.1 of the app, and I have to report that the dangerous issue I mentioned above still occurs routinely.

- Frequently the wrong widget button is engaged when you slide to the widgets screen, and quickly hit a button. This can be very bad, if one of your buttons is, say, a garage door open. This happens routinely, and is easy to reproduce.

Yesterday, I pressed one of my widget buttons, and the wrong button engaged, opening my garage door while I was away from the house. Seeing that the button I had pressed did not work, I pressed it again. This time, another scene was activated, lighting up my entire home.

I have 3 buttons on the widgets screen, call them A, B and C.

When I slide over to the widgets screen on my iPhone, it takes a while for the widgets to render, and update their status. I always wait for this, since doing otherwise causes random presses and failures.

I press C, but A ends up being activated (opening my garage door). VERY BAD.

I wait and again press C, but this time B is activated, activating my Welcome mode (lighting up the entire home).

This widget feature either needs to be fixed, or entirely removed, since it is causing very dangerous behavior.