Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WCI Raise or Lower Scene with a Hold

Authorized Lutron Contributor

WCI Raise or Lower Scene with a Hold

The HomeWorks QS system does not allow you to excecute programming on a release event after you hold a button; thus, when you release from holding a raise or a lower, there is no way to tell the scene to stop raising or lowering. What we did is the following below. In order to stop a scene from raising or lowering, you will have to press the WCI button again after the hold.

We have two buttons on a WCI, an ON and an OFF. We have a variable for each tracking if the button is being pressed or held. The variables are “On Button” with default state “Press” and other state “Hold”, and “Off Button” with default state “Press” and other state “Hold”.

Both buttons are conditionals

For the on button, the release tab will have most of the programming. It will first check if the variable is in “Press” mode. IF it is, it will run a “lights on” preset to send lights to 75%. If the variable is on the “Hold” state, it will stop any presets (aka if the preset is raising, it will stop it). It will also send the variable back to the “Press” State. The hold tab will have an action that will raise the lights on preset (lights will raise), and change the on button variable to “Hold”. After 5 seconds it will go back to “Press” in order to reset it.

The Off button is the same except it will use a lights off preset that will be lowered on the hold.

When you hold the button to raise or lower, you will need to release and press the button again in order to stop the raising or lowering.
    Attached Files Attached Files

WCI Raise or Lower Scene with a Hold

Hi Armando,

We are designing a system at the moment where this precise function has been requested by the lighting designer. We have got 80+ WCI's wired into 4 spring loaded double rocker switch plates with the aim to have Press Up = Scene On, Hold Up = Raise, Press Down = Lights Off and Hold Down = Lower. I've followed your programming and cannot get the raise and lower to function properly. Raise dims up to 100% and Lower dims down to Off. I have attached my program, please could you advise me where I have gone wrong. I am using Homeworks QS software version 7.4.0.

Many thanks in advance

Chris

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately, the only way to stop the buttons from raising or lowering in this programming model would be to release the button and press it again to stop the raising or lowering. Is this what is not working for you?

Hi Armando, no the raise and lower is just ramping to 100% or down to 0%. Is there another way of doing this? I cannot ask my clients to release and press again. They would like a seamless function where press is on and hold is raise, effectively cycle dim up only. Have you got any suggestions?

*****************UPDATE***********************

Please see the attached sample project file programmed with the application described below, to raise and lower with one WCI button/input and have it stop in the release.

We have only one zone in the project and the WCI. We also have a variable for a raise/lower button pair called “KP Btn” with default state “Press”, and other states “hold-raise” and “hold-lower” that will track what the release should do next.

There are two sequences; a Hold raise sequence and a Hold lower sequence. The hold raise sequence will have the first step send the KP Btn variable to “Press” and will go to the next step for one second. The idea behind it is that if you press the button, this sequence will run and the variable will be set to Press for a second; after releasing, if the variable is set to “Press”, the release will just have the lights go to a scene On, which we programmed to 50%. The second step of this sequence will set the variable to “Hold-raise” and stays on this step for 5 seconds. The idea behind this is that if the button is held for more than the second (or arbitrary time of the first step), the variable will be on the Hold-raise state so the lights will be raising as per the press tab of the button, then the release will stop the preset from the lights to be raising. The Hold-lower sequence will do the same but with the variables for the “lower” button.

The raise button is programmed as a conditional. The press first has an action running called “Hold raise”. This stops the hold lower frequency and will start the hold raise sequence. Right after that, another preset also runs to raise the lights. The release button will first look at the KP btn variable. If it is in the “press” state (meaning the input was closed for a second or less), the sequences will stop and the lights will come on to the level programmed (for us it was 50%). If the KP btn variable is not in the “press” state, then the release will stop the raising preset, and stop the sequences. The lower button does the same but with the lights lowering instead of raising.

I am running 10.6, I need something like this but cannot get it to work, even with your file. I am using meljac. I need a momentary up to activate the on seen and holing up to activate raise, which should stop when released. so far i cant get the stop action to work. is this an issue with 10.6?

7. Likes richardlindsey liked this post
    I'm wondering if anyone has successfully got this to work? A client wants to be able to do exactly what 'eenylighting' has suggested but I'm not sure if it possible. Thanks

Did you ever get a working solution for the meljac switch? I'm looking to do the same. Thanks.

Just checking to see if anyone was able to get this to work. I have the same situation using Meljac momentary toggle switches and I am able to dim down but on the dim raise, it just goes to 100%. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Only a few years behind on this project!!! I am using the same Meljac keypads and I am having issues dim up and down... any info could be useful... I am currently going through the old lutron files attached to this thread.... If anyone is still monitoring this thread, feedback would be appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast