Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Caseta/Apple Home admin?

Caseta/Apple Home admin?

Greetings all!

I am installing Caseta wireless switches in my new build home. I am having a problem integrating it into Siri. I was able to set up the app and connect to Apple Home app on my iPhone and iPad. But when I attempted to add it to my wife's phone, the app connected to the bridge just fine. But when I go into Lutron's settings and push "HomeKit & Siri" I get a message saying "You aren't an admin for the home." Has anyone experienced this before? How do I somehow get my wife "admin" access in Lutron or HomeKit?

Thanks!

She would not use the Lutron app, she would ONLY use the Home app (Apple's Homekit app). This is assuming you added the Luton system to your homexit account via iCloud. Once you have tied the two systems together, in your Home app, you would invite her using her iCloud email address.
    Quote Originally Posted by cessna157 View Post
    Greetings all!

I am installing Caseta wireless switches in my new build home. I am having a problem integrating it into Siri. I was able to set up the app and connect to Apple Home app on my iPhone and iPad. But when I attempted to add it to my wife's phone, the app connected to the bridge just fine. But when I go into Lutron's settings and push "HomeKit & Siri" I get a message saying "You aren't an admin for the home." Has anyone experienced this before? How do I somehow get my wife "admin" access in Lutron or HomeKit?

Thanks!