Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: disabling default telnet login

disabling default telnet login

would it be possible to disable the default login credentials
    user lutron
    password integration

Thanks

Well, it seems that it is not possible to disable the default login, which is disappointing.

Along the same lines, there is a web server on the main repeater with a login page. If there is a default user and password just like telnet, it would be another potential security hole waiting to be exploited.

Quote Originally Posted by Bktay View Post
    Well, it seems that it is not possible to disable the default login, which is disappointing.

Along the same lines, there is a web server on the main repeater with a login page. If there is a default user and password just like telnet, it would be another potential security hole waiting to be exploited.
    Agreed. Would like to see a way to change this.

I know this post is a bit older but I just talked to tech support and asked about disabling the default login credentials and he acted like I was crazy for even suggesting such a thing. I asked if this could be changed in a future release and he said it wasn't something they were considering at this time, but if enough people ask for it maybe they would work on it.

This used to be a possibility in the 3.0 and 4.0 software revisions. They have made the defaults permanent as the app becomes the most popular way to control the system. With the upcoming Connect app and cloud access, I would imagine that the defaults will remain as they are now. I do agree it would be nice for the integrators to be able to remove these for security purposes.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRep View Post
    This used to be a possibility in the 3.0 and 4.0 software revisions. They have made the defaults permanent as the app becomes the most popular way to control the system. With the upcoming Connect app and cloud access, I would imagine that the defaults will remain as they are now. I do agree it would be nice for the integrators to be able to remove these for security purposes.
    I could understand MAYBE the new Caseta product since it is targeted at the DIY market, but the RA2 and especially the Homeworks QS product are installed by an integrator typically and they are doing the initial setup of the system. I've worked with Lutron Homeworks for about 14 years since the old Homeworks Interactive days and love the product but it seems a huge oversight that you can't change the login information. You can change the password on a cheap network router but not a system that can cost thousands to tens of thousands of dollars?

7. Thanks wkearney99 thanked for this post
    Likes wkearney99 liked this post