Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RE Action Request: Connect Bridge Firmware Update email received from Lutron

Thanks Mike for the update.

I'm still not understanding why all apps (1 Ipad, 1 iphone, 1 android) all said bridge-2 needed updating.
    Gave the option to bypass but said some functionality will be lost if not updated.
    I'll be on site later this week to work through it more and call tech.
    Date code said it was is the correct range for not needing update.
    Will confirm if this is a BDG-2 or a BDG2-1.

Supposedly the affected units are the ones that are not home kit enabled. Im trying to install a new system for client and I have a homekit enabled bridge but its still telling me I have to update firmware. I cannot successfully update firmware on the bridge. Tried 8 different times 8 different ways. Anyone have any input?

Firmware on the Connect is automatic via the internet. Get it onto a live internet connection and you should be good.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

That's the problem SDR. Sounds simple. I had the same problem that Gmgarland46 is having. Tried following install instructions through app, software, standalone update tool, simple power cycle.
    I think that's when tech told me to get the bridge and and the main of the network switch. Been a few weeks and have a full head of gobbly gook in my brain but if I remember correct I gave up and went back a few days later and tried it and it worked. That was before moved it all off the switch. Yes I had internet at all times.
    All I know is that is was a new Bridge with the correct dates and it took multiple times and bad words to make it work.

Went back a few days later, being today, and it was successful. It went through immediately. Didnt even have to power cycle.

Went back a few days later, being today, and it was successful. It went through immediately. Didnt even have to power cycle.

Anyone still having this problem?
    Have had the needs to be updated junk on last two jobs. This one is the bosses house.
    Now the update tool is crashing. Reinstalled/Repaired program and still crashes.
    BDG2-1 white

So I need to make a trip back two days later on every bridge update?
    Glad it work on my Hawaii job. That would have been a crazy service call.

Have had the needs to be updated junk on last two jobs. This one is the bosses house.
    Now the update tool is crashing. Reinstalled/Repaired program and still crashes.
    BDG2-1 white

Quote Originally Posted by MitchE View Post
    BDG2-1 white

Mitch- I may have a BDG2 floating around that I got from Lucas. I'm still running a gen 1 and everything is fine. The gen 1 was online for the update.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Thanks Mike but this is a BDG2-1 white.
    Would like to hear Lutron chime in but think they have moved on from full RA2 to Select and Caseta.
    This one today at bosses house has been in the package for 2 years but should still work from what we are being told. I could be wrong but so far very little feed back for L.

Talked with Tech. Told me to take it in and get a new one. It wasn't plugged in in time for the update in May.
    From what I read it should only be the ver 1 effected but he told me it could be some of the BDG2's also.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast