Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Timed Keypad

Timed Keypad

Does anyone know if there is a way to use a keypad that once pressed it will activate something like a fan for 10 min then shut off? I was wondering because they make the motion sensor that times out but didnt see anything or any way to make this work for Ra, I know homeworks has this feature.

If you go into the programming tab on the software, look into the Occupancy section. You'll see "Enable Rollback". This applies for the entire room that is selected. Down side is that you need to create a special room, i.e. Bath Fan, for the fan under Design, then enable the rollback for that special room. Set the rollback time for 10 minutes or whatever suits your needs.

Rollback works like this. Button press turns on the device in the room where rollback is enabled. The main repeater monitors that room for button presses. If no other device in that room is pressed before the rollback timer expires, then the device would be turned off. If another device in that room is pressed, then the timer restarts.

Rollback and occupancy/vacancy sensors should not be run on the same device. Creates issues. Same for Timeclock events operating the same device in a rollback room.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Sorry I wasnt clear in my post. I meant to say I know the occ sensor does this but can I make it work with a switch somehow?

@SDR-Mike,

We actually do have a fan on a 15 minute rollback, and it is turned on in any of the following ways:

1. Manually, at the switch
    2. Automatically via WC motion sensor
    3. Automatically via a virtual keypad button which turns on our hot water re-circulation pump, and then 9 minutes later the shower light and then 1 minute after that the fan.

This allows the fan to come on manually or automatically as per use-case. It works really well.

Our bathroom required two motion sensors, rollback, and delays in the turn-offs (to overcome the motion sensor's silly use of a single timer being used for both vacancy count down and re-arming countdown).

It all works pretty darned well.

5. Likes SDR-Mike liked this post
    I was hoping to be able to turn it on or start the countdown once pressed from my keypad. Do I have an option for that?

Quote Originally Posted by dean83169 View Post
    I was hoping to be able to turn it on or start the countdown once pressed from my keypad. Do I have an option for that?
    If you follow my first response, yes. No motion sensor needed. MisterC is using a more advanced version handling multiple devices.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

8. Likes Gmgarland46 liked this post
    Listen to SDR.
    I do it on every job for patio heaters.
    Keypad button turns on heaters and roll back starts timer for 60min

10. Thanks SDR-Mike thanked for this post
    @misterC I would love to hear more about how your bathroom occ Sensor configuration is setup.

I just can’t get the timers on my sensors to work like I want when we sometimes use the keypad to turn the lights off.

You can email me at dusty@wombleworld.com

Thanks in advance.

@dwomble,

I'll mail the description today.