Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: LED Status Feedback from a button with no load

LED Status Feedback from a button with no load

Hello, we have a job that's in illumination and there is a keypad in the garage that has 3 buttons that control garage doors, there are no loads assigned to the buttons as the button presses were polled by a Crestron system and triggered relays in the Crestron to open/close the doors. We are now installing RTI and its looking for LED status but the keypad is only giving button press status.

Is there away to get LED status to output on the keypad?

Thanks

If you turn monitoring on you should get a KLS string with 24 ascii characters, 0 or 1 for each of the 24 LEDS of each keypad regardless of how many physical buttons it has. It should come automatically but you’ll have to set up the RTI to look for it. Crestron is better then RTI so why go the RTI route?
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

Quote Originally Posted by vining View Post
    If you turn monitoring on you should get a KLS string with 24 ascii characters, 0 or 1 for each of the 24 LEDS of each keypad regardless of how many physical buttons it has. It should come automatically but you’ll have to set up the RTI to look for it. Crestron is better then RTI so why go the RTI route?
    I had the monitoring on for buttons and LED and all I was getting was the button press and release on buttons 1,2,3. Button 4 gave me the KBP and KBR as well as the KLS.

Changed to RTI as the Crestron Was old and failing (adagio system)

Quote Originally Posted by Glackowitz View Post
    I had the monitoring on for buttons and LED and all I was getting was the button press and release on buttons 1,2,3. Button 4 gave me the KBP and KBR as well as the KLS.

Changed to RTI as the Crestron Was old and failing (adagio system)
    ok so you just have to track the KLS string received for the keypad in question and look to see if you have a one or zero in your button position. RTI has to track this too to update the LED feedback on keypads so you probably just have to map this in RTI to trigger your relays.
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

ok so you just have to track the KLS string received for the keypad in question and look to see if you have a one or zero in your button position. RTI has to track this too to update the LED feedback on keypads so you probably just have to map this in RTI to trigger your relays.
    I have it set to track buttons and LEDs, when I press buttons, 1,2,3 I get button press feedback but no LED feedback, press button 4 and I get both LED and Button press.

I added a CCO in programming as a dummy to see if that would work as a load but its not.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KP FB.PNG 
Views:	11 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	780

Not sure what to do to get the LEDs to show feedback with no load on the button.

Create a boolean variable for each and use the keypad button to toggle the variable state. That should trigger the KLS string.
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

7. Likes Glackowitz liked this post
    Create a boolean variable for each and use the keypad button to toggle the variable state. That should trigger the KLS string.
    You Might need to explain the steps for this, Im not that proficient with Illumination.

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glackowitz View Post
    You Might need to explain the steps for this, Im not that proficient with Illumination.

Thanks!!
    click global definitions and in the top window high light State Variable, click add and enter a name GDO Btn 1 for example and then do the same for 2 and 3. On each go over to the left box that says variable with a field to adjust delay and another to adjust states, click define and make sure you only have two states for a Boolean, on or off, 1 or 0, true or false.

Then go back to program Control Station and select your keypad. Select a button and go to the global tab and select the appropriate variable. Press type default and make sure toggle is checked. That should do it. That would have to initiate a KLS string event once programmed.
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

click global definitions and in the top window high light State Variable, click add and enter a name GDO Btn 1 for example and then do the same for 2 and 3. On each go over to the left box that says variable with a field to adjust delay and another to adjust states, click define and make sure you only have two states for a Boolean, on or off, 1 or 0, true or false.

Then go back to program Control Station and select your keypad. Select a button and go to the global tab and select the appropriate variable. Press type default and make sure toggle is checked. That should do it. That would have to initiate a KLS string event once programmed.
    Thank You!!, will program it up tonight and load it tomorrow and test it out

That sounds pretty simple.