Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we program a button to do Full-Flash mode?

Can we program a button to do Full-Flash mode?

I know we can do a full flash mode triggered by alarm, in this case there is integration from alarm output to main repeater or VCRX.

Is there a way to trigger full flash mode by programming a button in the keypad?
    The idea is to use this as a panic button for emergency situation.

Thanks all.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    There is currently not a way to program a physical keypad button to flash the lights. We have passed along your feedback to the development team.

You could program a button to close a contact on the VCRX and wire into the dry contact CCI for security.

ok if you wire into the CCI for security... how would you shut it off? I thought that the CCI locks out the keypads?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    You are correct that security mode does disable the keypads

You could use a NC manual switch to open the CCI wiring to turn it off and reset the program to normal. Assuming it's a panic mode it would making shutting it off deliberate, however inconvenient. Just a side note I would never install this in a clients home, but it does answer your question :)

Any update on this? Would be nice to have a panic button that would flash the outside lights and turn on all inside lights.

Easiest way would be to use the Car Visor transmitter. Not part of the locked out keypads. Traditionally done by learning all three buttons on the transmitter pressed. Home owner then has a transmitter near the bedside or in a drawer. Press all three buttons and hold three seconds to activate/deactivate the full/flash. You have to hold for the three seconds, Lutron saw fit to make it a deliberate button push to activate the full flash from the transmitter.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

That makes sense, but I think it would be nicer to be able to choose a single keypad to not lockout given that you would do this from within your house. another alternative would be a particular combination of presses on a keypad burglars wouldn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by schalliol View Post
    That makes sense, but I think it would be nicer to be able to choose a single keypad to not lockout given that you would do this from within your house. another alternative would be a particular combination of presses on a keypad burglars wouldn't know.
    I've thought the same thing. Maybe someone at Lutron could chime in, but I would love to try and hide the integration ID and see if that removes the keypad from the full/flash. I don't have a VCRX in my system to test the theory.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast