Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Adding a Second Main Repeater to Existing System

Adding a Second Main Repeater to Existing System

Hello Everyone,

Today I was at a clients home to add to their existing RA2 installation. Being I was already at the max number of allowed devices I brought with me a second MAIN-REP to add into the system.

I placed the new MAIN-REP-2 in a closet where I previously had installed an AUX-REP (now replacing the AUX-REP) and connected it to the network. Using my Inclusive software I updated the Firmware on the new MAIN-REP to Version 12 to match the one already installed. I removed the AUX-REP and Added in the new MAIN-REP-2.

I then proceeded to move some of the rooms/devices from MAIN-REP-1 over to MAIN-REP-2. I added the additional devices to the system at this time in their respective rooms and by default their associated MAIN-REP-1 or MAIN-REP-2.

I acknowledged the warnings about defaulting the various devices that were being moved from MAIN-REP-1 to MAIN-REP-2 and then went around the residence doing so.

Next I started the activation process at which point the system identified and activated all the devices that were just defaulted onto the new MAIN-REP-2 without any issues. I was then able to activate the newly installed devices on their respective MAIN-REP's without issue.

I finished out the installation with a transfer and all came back as having completed successfully.

Upon walking through the residence to check the newly installed devices as well as those previously installed I came across some issues with the one previously installed. The keypads that were previously associated with MAIN-REP-1 and that are now associated with MAIN-REP-2 seemed to no longer be working. I tried defaulting them and then going back through the reactivation process, I tried deactivating them from within Inclusive and then again going back through the activation process, I also tried doing both and redoing the programming one several of the keypads all to no avail.

It has been a while since my Level 2 course and since I have added a second MAIN-REP to a system and I feel like I am overlooking a possible step I was supposed perform.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like the factory reset didn't take. The keypads still think they are assigned to REP1 but REP1 doesn't have a record of them so there is nothing for them to do.

The triple tap reset is a little tricky. Make sure you do it very fast and the LEDs respond properly.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    It sounds like the factory reset didn't take. The keypads still think they are assigned to REP1 but REP1 doesn't have a record of them so there is nothing for them to do.

The triple tap reset is a little tricky. Make sure you do it very fast and the LEDs respond properly.
    Thank you for your reply. I will be back at the residence tomorrow and will redo the factory reset on the keypads that I have identified as having a problem and will also verify all others are working. I did do the triple tap fast and also watched the LED's on each one as I did them and each responded as they should (Triple Tap and Hold, Fast Blink then Triple Tap and Hold again for Slow Blink). Upon Checking within Inclusive the keypads that were on MAIN-REP-1 now properly show up under MAIN-REP-2.

If the factory reset is not the culprit, is there anything else I should check or task I should perform?

UPDATE:

So I must have missed a step or two with some of the Keypads. Below are the steps I took to resolve the issue I was experiencing.

1. I factory reset the various keypads I was having problems with
    2. Within Inclusive, I deactivated those same keypads
    3. I saved and transferred to the system
    4. Within Inclusive, I activated those keypads
    5. I saved and transferred to the system

hello,
    The manner is easy, add the second one principal into the software program. the 2 mains will both need to be on the community. The device works fine when the loads are kind of same among the two- i.e. 60-forty five-ish as opposed to 90-15. in case you want to move some gadgets to the second one principal, you could drag the rooms or devices onto the second one most important in the software program. This should auto-default inside the report for the repeaters, however you will need to factory default any device formerly activated on the first essential. Then run the activation and do your transfer. must be true to head.
    regards
    jayesh