Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Seasonal Chandelier!

Seasonal Chandelier!

Hi all.

I have a client who has purchased a chandelier of falling leaves which looks very nice!. It is RGBW and she like the idea of it changing colours with the seasons.

I've been scratching my head with this as in theory I could jest setup some time clocks programming to call a scene everyday and change the colour throughout the seasons, however, I think the client is expecting a little more. I'm guessing they dont want the light ti be on every day, and when they switch on or off the chandelier from a keypad expect it to represent the colour of season we are in. Add on top of this that they would also like the option of changing the colour manually via a keypad and its got me flustered.

If you guys have any ideas on how best to approach this it would be much appreciated.

You are describing conditional programming. If it is between date 1 and date 2 send command red, If today is between date 2+ and date 3 send command blue, etc. Keep in mind that Lutron considers a day to run from midnight to midnight.

The question is what external commands will the RGBW controller accept?
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I've initially applied this conditional logic so when the chandelier button is pressed it will change colour depending on the season. I can add timed operation if required.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	conditional logic.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	767

That will work. I don't think you need the else statements. You can just say

If month = xxx
    Run: spring
    If month = yyy
    Run summer

The program will execute all of the conditions. If it doesn't find anything to do, you may hear a haunting laughter coming from the processor.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Hello jwbcinergy,
    Thank you for your post.
    Another option that may work for the application is to use single variable programming on the keypad. Create a 4 state variable, one state for each season and have your time clock flip the state of the variable. You can then perhaps run a manual sequence on another single action button press to run through the season presets and perhaps add a few custom colors of their liking. Can even run this manual sequence on the double tap of the same button.