Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HQP6 freezing after a few days

HQP6 freezing after a few days

Hola!
    Hope you are all good.

I need some help on this.

I have an HQP6-2 processor which was working just fine.
    Suddenly my customer calls me to tell me that the processor freezed, he restarted it (cylcing power) and it was up and running, but again 4 days later it freezed again, and so on. Sequence repeats indefinitely.
    When the processor freezes the ERR red indicator turns on steadily.
    LAN does not respond, keypad led buttons stay they way they were (either on or off) and button presses do nothing. Lights also stay as they were, either on or off.

Did this ever happened to any of you?
    What could be happening?

Thanks.

Check the processor event log. I've seen the processor get slammed by a bad keypad or a keypad wired wrong (24v on mux). I've even seen integration systems stuck in a loop and slamming the processor.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Ok. I will.
    How would you identify a bad keypad or an integration system problem other that watching the latests events before the freeze?

Thank you!

You would see a lot of events from a keypad when there shouldn't be. I had a tech install the phoenix connector backwards once. Constant voltage on the mux link drove the processor crazy. It could also be a stuck button.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Ok.
    I'll check that next week and let you know.
    Thank you.

I have also seen after loading program changes in, the HQP6 has issues communicating over ethernet. Trying to connect in Terminal instantly gets disconnected, and Crestron processor constantly gets refused as well. I have to power cycle the Lutron processor. After jumping thru the usual BS firewall hoops with support they finally said this is a known issue and dont have a fix. Ridiculous as i'm only running 11.5 on this job and they havent fixed it in all the latest releases? Not I cant transfer any changes without having someone physically on site to reset processor. Not happy...

That's strange. I've never seen freezing after upload.
    It's not my case but thanks for the info, now i'm aware of that.
    Regards!

I have experienced the same thing as johnmax. You upload changes and then the main processor doesn't respond online or in terminal. This job has 4 processors and I am able to connect to others, but not the main and maybe not the one next to the main. It does cause a big problem not being able to do changes unless at the jobsite so power can be cycled to the main processor to get it working again.
    J. Alexander Luty
    iQ Electronic Interiors, Inc.

Yes it turns out that after 11.5 the introduced a "feature" that if there are too many unsuccessful login attempts during a brief time then the processor will lockout all telnet connections for 5 minutes. So while you are transferring your QS file, the third party device (Crestron processor in my case) is still trying to connect and the HQP6 sees this as unsuccessful logins, and locks out the telnet connection. This is just mind boggling why they introduced this "feature", and whats even worse is it took a 30 minute Lutron support chat, and 4 emails from them before they finally told me what was happening.

So if you are below 11.5 and will be using 3rd party telnet connections, then do not upgrade to 11.5 or newer unless you absolutely have to. Otherwise it would seem if you break your telnet connection while transferring you should be ok.

Already at 11.5. Every time I upgrade its one thing or the other than seems to need a reboot after an update. I also have a Crestron AV3 that communicates with the Lutron processor. The first time I had this problem I rebooted the AV3 which I had needed to do in the past. But now it is just the Lutron processor that needs it after any changes are uploaded. Thanks for the info.
    J. Alexander Luty
    iQ Electronic Interiors, Inc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast