Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Controlling low voltage Hunter Douglas shades with Homeworks QS wired keypad

Controlling low voltage Hunter Douglas shades with Homeworks QS wired keypad

Excuse the ignorance but I'm a bit of a newbie with integrating other shades to Homeworks.
    I'm working on a project that we converted from Litetouch to Homeworks QS and the customer has existing Hunter Douglass shades.
    Some of the older shades used line voltage AC motors, which I controlled with RPM-Ms,no problem, however, they have some areas that have newer shades that use low voltage motors. The are Hunter Douglass as well but they are using ESI (Electrronic Solutions, Inc.) boards to control them. They also have an ESI RF communication to control them with some kind of wireless remote. Their communication between the boards is RS232. Each board has a terminal block labeled CLS, COM and OPN, which I'm thinking I can send a signal to it through there.
    I'm thinking I could control them using a QSE-IO, but I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to setup and program the QSE-IO to work with these shades. I need to be able to press a button on the keypad to close the shades, another button to open them and if either button is pressed while moving, stop the shades.
    Any help will be appreciated.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    That would depend on the shades. Do you have a spec document for these shades stating how they need to be controlled by contact closure outputs?

I am having the same problem. I have to integrate with ESI (Electronic Solutions, Inc.) RQ Bridge product that is RS232 and could use some direction as i have not had the need to send these commands to a 3rd party to control before. I think they also want me to communicate with compool.

I have the same issue. I need to integrate homeworks QS with Hunter douglas power view hub using IP. Can someone help