Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Timeclock w/ Sensor enable

Timeclock w/ Sensor enable

Customer wants to trigger from an LRF2 sensor a group of lights in the room to come on at 100% during the day and only 50% at night. I can enable the sensor for the lights, but If I'm understanding this correctly I would actually need 2 sensors to make this work and it won't allow me to put 2 sensors in the same room and program them differently. So I can tell the program the sensor is in a different room (put it in the same room), control the same lights, but I just want to confirm there is no better way to do this. (No daylight sensor yet??, that might tie this in?)

My other idea was (a little far fetched), for the benefit of those inclined to do so, would be to set a timer on the VCRX to control a SPDT relay at Evening time. Program the sensor to trigger an available CCO on the VCRX passing through the relay and wired to the CCI's (2). At day time the signal passes through the (N.O.) contact to CCI 1 and programmed lights to 100% and night time the relay switches over (N.C) redirect the sensor signal to CCI 2 programmed to trigger the same lights at 50%. This is a slam dunk but complicated for the installer possibly and requires almost and entire VCRX just for this function. (not to mention a control transformer and relay)

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    While having multiple sensors in an area but having them in different rooms in the software could allow for his type of programming it is not recommended

Do you care to elaborate on this please? I have been doing this for a while, as it is a frequent and understandably natural request from customers for lights that automatically turn on full during the day, should be dimmed at night. It is not very positive to tell them, that here is this smart system, but sorry cannot do this.
    Last edited by lleo_; 10-06-2014 at 10:32 PM. Reason: fix ugly typo

I have been doing this for a while see the thread below. In a garage have two occupancy sensors. One in a room called garage and second in a room called garage closet. But both sensors are side by side. There is no garage closet. One is on a time clock, the other is not. Have no issues.

CableDude

https://forums.lutron.com/showthread...=3348#post3348

5. Likes schalliol liked this post
    CableDude,

Could you please provide some screenshots of how you programmed this application? That would be interesting to see!

I don’t want to get too into this if Lutron doesn’trecommend. The work around worked for me, but might not for others. All I did is create a phantom room with onlya LRF2-OCR2B-P sensor and utilized a Time Clock event.

I thought about this more, and the only issue I can think of is that if you are not careful with your timeclock events, you may find two motion sensors reporting occupied state to the main repeater at the same time. In this case the main repeater would have to keep the load on at full and also at dimmed state, which could result in unclear outcome.
    I do not have a bench test system to try this right now, but if you are adventurous, give it a try and let us know.
    On the other hand this could be no different when a RA2 system is integrated with a third-party control.
    I always programmed the two motions to be active in non-overlapping times.