Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caseta Wireless Fan Control

Caseta Wireless Fan Control

Are there any plans to introduce a Caseta Wireless in-wall fan controller? My Minka-Aire fan controllers are terrible!

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    Are there any plans to introduce a Caseta Wireless in-wall fan controller? My Minka-Aire fan controllers are terrible!
    Ashwin,

Currently, Caseta Wireless does not have an in-wall fan controller.

Thank you for the feedback. I have passed this information along to the Caseta Wireless development team.

There is no fan controller.

You can, however, use a PD-5WS-DV-XX in order to do simple switching of ON / OFF to a fan, assuming its load is within spec

Spec on this switch is 3A for general purpose fan.

4. Thanks Kevin P. thanked for this post
    Likes rhett7660 liked this post
    I asked lutron support the same question. Same politician type answer. Very frustrating. I think some response from the Caseta Wireless development team would have been more helpful. I would like to know if the engineers have plans to develop the product and if so the approximate time frame from development to market. I would like this information to determine if I should buy a z wave compatible fan control or wait for Lutron. I already have a lot invested with Caseta light dimmers, and it would be nice to stay with Lutron products exclusively.

Anyway, I am not holding my breath, and will begin researching Leviton's RF z-wave fan controls.

I'd like to submit a feature request to include a fan control please. I've implemented the dimmers and switches throughout my entire home, however the Caseta product line is incomplete without the fan. I prefer to not have 3 different brands in my walls with several hubs to control them all. 1 brand, 1 product, 1 solution.

7. Thanks Kevin P., SDR-Mike, shakes169 thanked for this post
    Likes therockhr, shakes169 liked this post
    Just walked an apartment complex that just completed their second phase. They have Hunter fan/light controls that are horrible. Please add a fan speed control! Along with the 4 scene Pico, Caseta becomes much more powerful as a lighting control system.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

9. Likes Kevin P. liked this post
    Over a year since the original post and still no fan control? I just picked up the in-wall dimmer and a couple plug-in dimmers and love the system. I'd love to do the remaining bedrooms in my home, but they all have ceiling fans so kinda of stuck looking at alternative systems.

I am also looking forward to a lutron caseta wireless fan switch as well.... Please develop because I have 9 fans I want to control with lutron.

Quote Originally Posted by ajgurrieri View Post
    I am also looking forward to a lutron caseta wireless fan switch as well.... Please develop because I have 9 fans I want to control with lutron.
    Still nothing. Doesn't look like there will be. Seems home automation was just a fad as nothing in the industry has really been updated/changed and I'm not finding new releases by anyone. Oh well, back to flipping switches the old fashioned way (first world problems).

I broke down and bought two GE ZWave fan controls and a Wink Hub, which I also hooked my Casetas to, and I can control them all with my Echos. While I would have prefered to just use the Lutron hub I already bought I have more options now with the Wink.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast