Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  13
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Caseta Wireless Fan Control

Quote Originally Posted by vipergts2207 View Post
    Is it possible to control a Hunter HomeKit fan with the Pico 4-button remote? I don't need to control fan speed or light dimming, just the ability to turn the fan and light on and off. I was hoping the two group control model would be able to control the fan and light as the two groups.
    Not directly, but using a Lutron Lamp dimmer as a HomeKit trigger and by connecting a pico switch... yes. This is how I control my insteon fan controller.

If you just want the pico to turn the fan/lights on/off one lamp dimmer would be fine... you could even use the pico that comes with it. You could set the top button to toggle the light on and off, the bottom button could toggle the fan on and off, then you could actually use the middle button to cycle speeds.... you would need to do some trigger programming using a 3erd party HomeKit app. Apples Home app has very limited programming capabilities.

Is there a fan control yet?

According to the latest Caseta literature, you can control Hunter Homekit fans from the app. I do not have a scenario to test this, however.

http://www.casetawireless.com/Pages/Alliances.aspx almost to the bottom.
    Last edited by SDR-Mike; 05-30-2018 at 11:17 AM. Reason: spelling
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by DerekSNJ View Post
    Is there a fan control yet?
    Not that I know of, but I ended up buying "Bond" wifi/RF controller for fans that I use with Alexa/Amazon. Works like a charm. They are supposed to be adding additional functionality in the future for supporting other devices such as floor fans etc.

No complaints. It does what I want it to and works pretty darn good. I have it set for scenes, routines, and I am starting to us IFTTT via Ecobee sensors for room temperatures.

It would be FANTASTIC if Lutron would add a Caseta Wireless version of the Maestro Fan Control & LED Dimmer (MACL-LFQH-**)! It has everything I would want in fan control... except wi-fi accessibility. :)

Exclamation Caseta Wireless Fan Control & LED Dimmer with capability to add a Pico Remote

I totally agree with you cableguy_2018 and the other most recent posts! I have been searching for and waiting patiently for Lutron to introduce a Caseta Wireless Fan Control & LED Dimmer with the capability to add a Pico Remote. Will it ever exist???? Give me a sign! If not, ...it looks like I will have to move forward with another brand's solution. Please recommend where I should spend my money going forward to upgrade my fan/light controls to WIFI ...(brands and models)?

Quote Originally Posted by cableguy_2018 View Post
    It would be FANTASTIC if Lutron would add a Caseta Wireless version of the Maestro Fan Control & LED Dimmer (MACL-LFQH-**)! It has everything I would want in fan control... except wi-fi accessibility. :)

Looks like idevices is going to beat them to it. will be sure to order when they are out. (maybe "beat them to it" is the wrong wording, considering Lutron has just ignored this request for 5 years)
    https://idevicesinc.com/evolution/

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    Are there any plans to introduce a Caseta Wireless in-wall fan controller? My Minka-Aire fan controllers are terrible!
    Just came here to say it is 2019, and there is still no Caseta fan control. The Maestro switch with Fan and light dimmer just needs to get some smarts, and it would be perfect. This is obviously not going to happen at this point, but I bet they would sell a lot of these if they made them.

I received an email just this morning from Caseta Wireless that says: "Coming soon - our Caseta family is growing. Stay tuned - the big reveal is in a few days. Hopefully this is the news we've ALL been waiting for but I suppose only time will tell.

Hopefully it also includes a removal or increase of the 50 device limit.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast