Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  13
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 74

Thread: Caseta Wireless Fan Control

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by devin View Post
    I wasn't sure where to post this but since this thread is my main interest here is as good a place as any. To those who have participated on this forum for a while, does anyone of significance associated with Lutron ever reply? Has a request or idea ever come to fruition? I only ask so as to avoid wasting time making a pitch if it will never be received. Some forums are simply for the members to communicate with one another.
    I believe there are Lutron employee monitoring/reviewing the forum every day. I did also see some requests being implemented before, but most of them are related to the Lutron APP, not the hardware. It's much easy to improve the software than the hardware. AS the users, we can always try to ask. I love my Caste system a lot, it's way reliable than Insteon; but the choice are very limited right now.

  2. Thanks devin thanked for this post
  3. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    19
    Thanks for the quick reply. I guess it never hurts to ask. Caseta Wireless is the primary system I'm using. I have a WeMo Light switch and a WeMo plug in addition to some hue lights. The hue lights are mainly accent lighting so I'm keeping those but WeMo is getting replaced. In my opinion, Caseta Wireless needs to add a simple plugin switch, an in wall ceiling fan/light switch, and an outdoor plugin switch. I'm currently using my WeMo plug on a three-way floor lamp. I don't want to use a Caseta plugin dimmer for this. A simple Caseta plugin switch would be great. Something like the idevices switch that's out now. Of course my main request is an in-wall ceiling fan/light switch. Lutron could pretty much use the Maestro MA-LFQHW then add the Caseta Wireless connectivity to it. Come on Lutron make it happen already!

  4. #23
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by devin View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I guess it never hurts to ask. Caseta Wireless is the primary system I'm using. I have a WeMo Light switch and a WeMo plug in addition to some hue lights. The hue lights are mainly accent lighting so I'm keeping those but WeMo is getting replaced. In my opinion, Caseta Wireless needs to add a simple plugin switch, an in wall ceiling fan/light switch, and an outdoor plugin switch. I'm currently using my WeMo plug on a three-way floor lamp. I don't want to use a Caseta plugin dimmer for this. A simple Caseta plugin switch would be great. Something like the idevices switch that's out now. Of course my main request is an in-wall ceiling fan/light switch. Lutron could pretty much use the Maestro MA-LFQHW then add the Caseta Wireless connectivity to it. Come on Lutron make it happen already!
    Devin - in regards to your request for a plug-in switch for your 3-way floor lamp, you can convert the Caseta plug-in dimmer to a switch by holding the on and off buttons on the front of the dimmer for 6 seconds. It can still only be used for lighting loads in switch mode but sounds like it will work for your application. Thanks for the feedback on the other items as well. They are certainly listed on our product backlog.

  5. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1
    What if...
    We used the lutron FAN switch, then attached a wireless pico remote.. Can't we then control the remote wirelessly on the phone?! Imma try that!

  6. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Minh81n View Post
    What if...
    We used the lutron FAN switch, then attached a wireless pico remote.. Can't we then control the remote wirelessly on the phone?! Imma try that!
    Interesting work-around. You would have to use the RA2 RRD-2ANF-xx and use it standalaone with a PICO, then add the Pico into the SMB. Let us know if this works. You may have to add the Pico in to control a dimmer, but you could always use a plug in module hidden somewhere to fill that need. Your %s would not be accurate, but it might actually work.
    Business Development Associate- Design, Sales, Installation, and Programming of Smart Homes for Baker Electric Home Energy
    mbalay@bakerhomeenergy.com
    "Spread the light, brother" -Blake Richetta
    "If you think hiring a professional is expensive, wait until you hire an amateur" -Crustyloafer

  7. #26
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    524
    That won't work. The Pico remote is an RF transmitting-only device, it doesn't have the ability to receive RF signals from other devices.
    The app doesn't actually trigger the Pico remote. It just sends the commands directly to the dimmer(s) that are programmed to the Pico in the app.

  8. Likes SDR-Mike liked this post
  9. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    126
    Think at this point it's safe to say we are not getting a fan controller or a fan/light control that so many people have been looking for.

  10. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric H. View Post
    Devin - in regards to your request for a plug-in switch for your 3-way floor lamp, you can convert the Caseta plug-in dimmer to a switch by holding the on and off buttons on the front of the dimmer for 6 seconds. It can still only be used for lighting loads in switch mode but sounds like it will work for your application. Thanks for the feedback on the other items as well. They are certainly listed on our product backlog.
    Why can't you address the question that everyone on here is asking, IS THERE A FREAKING FAN CONTROLLER IN THE MAKING???? Or somehow could our bridge connect to the Maestro bridge to utilize those devices? Thanks!

  11. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by clegger View Post
    Why can't you address the question that everyone on here is asking, IS THERE A FREAKING FAN CONTROLLER IN THE MAKING???? Or somehow could our bridge connect to the Maestro bridge to utilize those devices? Thanks!
    The answer would have to be yes. There is no way Lutron would be ignoring this type of switch/control. Perhaps the better question is-how close to release is the fan controller?

  12. #30
    @Lutron - please have your product managers update us. It's just a small but in demand component . You have a rock solid platform but the limitations can be frustrating ....

  13. Likes clegger liked this post
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Caseta and Sivoia QS
    By stlblufan in forum Troubleshooting - CAS
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-29-2019, 06:28 PM
  2. When do we see iPad app for Caseta?
    By dim sum in forum General Discussion - CAS
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-05-2016, 07:41 PM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-25-2015, 05:47 PM
  4. Caseta products
    By alexm3g in forum General Discussion - CAS
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-08-2014, 03:49 PM
  5. Sivoia QS Wireless Control
    By waveform in forum Design Assistance - Shades
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-15-2013, 11:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •