Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Caseta Wireless Fan Control

How do the Lutron switches work with Wink? When I had the Wink hub, I hated the lighting control because when I sent the command to shut all of the lights on or off, they would all do it randomly instead of uniformly. Do they work like they do when connected to the Lutron hub?

No issues so far.

Lutron RadioRA® 2 RF in-Wall 4-speed Fan Control and Caseta

The Lutron RadioRA® 2 RF in-Wall 4-speed Fan Control, http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Products...w.aspx?pgid=41, also uses the Lutron Clear Connect Wireless protocol.
    Can this be used with Lutron Caseta Clear Connect Wireless pico controls & hub?

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by MAlvis View Post
    The Lutron RadioRA® 2 RF in-Wall 4-speed Fan Control, http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Products...w.aspx?pgid=41, also uses the Lutron Clear Connect Wireless protocol.
    Can this be used with Lutron Caseta Clear Connect Wireless pico controls & hub?
    The RRD-2ANF can be controlled with a Pico remote control, but it won't work with the Caseta Bridge.

I hate to make my first post so negative, but why do companies like Lutron make such decisions like this? They have products (like the fan control) that have capability to work the Caseta bridge, but purposely make sure it will not work. This is infuriating. Lutron is not driving me and others to and all RA2-branded solution -they are driving me to return all my Caseta products and wait for another solution from a competitor.

6. Likes therockhr liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew-mt View Post
    I hate to make my first post so negative, but why do companies like Lutron make such decisions like this? They have products (like the fan control) that have capability to work the Caseta bridge, but purposely make sure it will not work. This is infuriating. Lutron is not driving me and others to and all RA2-branded solution -they are driving me to return all my Caseta products and wait for another solution from a competitor.
    The lack of a fan speed control is frustrating. An earlier post in another thread from a Lutron employee told us to hang on that some exciting things were coming for Caseta. Would I hold my breath that we get a fan speed control? No. But it doesn't stop me from hoping that they see this forum and SERIOUSLY consider the request. I was part of the beta test for the site before it went live. They do monitor the forums closely. All we can hope is that this request is moved up the importance list. I know Lutron wants Caseta to be spec'd in the MDU/condo market for new construction- makes sense as these buyers have grown up with smart phones and internet. They expect this type of feature when they buy a phone or car, only a matter of time before they expect it in their homes. I can remember a time before Pong, but I have seen the light or "scene the light", as the case may be...
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

I'm hoping Lutron can make a Caseta Fan Control switch similar to their MA-LFQHW, and need to support low power LED light. All of the switches (including shades) in my home is using Caseta, except one room. The wall of this room is not big enough to have the 2 gangs box. I need a switch that can control both fan and light. Not sure why they can make it in Maestro, but can't do it in Caseta?

This thread was started in September 2014. It's now July 2016 and nothing to date on a fan control. I have Caseta Wireless in the downstairs floor of my home. To take it upstairs, fan/light controls are a must. I am amazed Lutron has not jumped all over this opportunity. Connected fans are just starting to appear on the market and at a premium no less. With the Homekit enabled Smart Bridge, Lutron has the ability to make just about any ceiling fan a connected fan that supports Homekit and is controllable via Siri. Even at a high price point, they would sell quite well.

10. Likes SDR-Mike liked this post
    Thank you for this clarifying information.

Will the Lutron RRD-2ANF work with Hunter ceiling fans, the original motor design, not the newer motor designs?

I wasn't sure where to post this but since this thread is my main interest here is as good a place as any. To those who have participated on this forum for a while, does anyone of significance associated with Lutron ever reply? Has a request or idea ever come to fruition? I only ask so as to avoid wasting time making a pitch if it will never be received. Some forums are simply for the members to communicate with one another.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast