Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Motorized shutters controlled via Power Relay Module (LQSE-4S10-D)

Motorized shutters controlled via Power Relay Module (LQSE-4S10-D)

I'm using this DIN rail module to control 2 motorized shutters (UP/Down for 2 shutters). The problem I have is that each shutter now shows ON/OFF buttons for both UP and DOWN functions on the Lutron Home+ app. I'm worried that the client might accidentally push the ON button for say Shutter 1 UP and then the ON button for Shutter 1 DOWN. This is obviously a problem as both those outputs should never be on at the same time as it will burn the shutter motor.

Is there a way I could add programming to make them mutually exclusive so that if the client switches on the DOWN function, the UP function automatically switches off.

Hope this makes sense.

Hi Et,

The LQSE-4S10-D is only designed for switched motor control, I assure you you will burn out motors. Best practice would be to use the LQSE-4M-D, This dpm will control 4 Blinds has jog time, interlock delay and max on time all built in, it rely's on the load information you have given in in loads(Select Motor 3-Wire). This unit will solve all your motor issues, It won't appear amongst the shade groups but I'm certain your shutter motors will last a lot longer.

Noted. Thank you for the heads up on the LQSE-4M-D. Will swap them out.

The LQSE-4M-D is a good option , but i can´t find it in the equipment list products at the HW QS lutron designer software 9.4, whats the way to desing it ?

It might not be available depending on what region you're in(Check your toolbox to see what DIN rail modules are available to you), you should be able to use a HW-RPM-4M which which will give you the same results if the DIN rail version is not available to you.