Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: QS system: Disabling raise and lower from specific circuits in a scene

QS system: Disabling raise and lower from specific circuits in a scene

Although I have been programming Lutron systems for some years, I am new to the forum. I have been asked by a client to alter a TV viewing scene. This scene involves turning off two circuits within the room and dimming the remaining three circuits. The problem is that when the client uses either the raise or lower buttons the "off" circuits raise and lower as well. This is of course normal but the client would prefer for this not to happen. So the question is has anyone been able to disable circuits within a scene so as not to change level on either a raise or lower command.The only answer I can come up with is to set a double tap of the same scene but to make the two circuits in question as unaffected.

Any other less clunky method or advice would be appreciated.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    If you go to "Tools->Project Settings->Programming" you can see the option almost at the bottom saying "Allow Raise From Off" and configure it to "Do not raise from off" and perform a transfer. Please be aware, not all control will be able to accept this configuration. In order to ensure it would work, would you please provide us what control it is? If you have access to the job, could you also please provide us with the firmware? If you are unsure of how to get the firmware for it, please create a support file while connected to the system and tell us the name or serial number of the device.

Quote Originally Posted by Armando B. View Post
    If you go to "Tools->Project Settings->Programming" you can see the option almost at the bottom saying "Allow Raise From Off" and configure it to "Do not raise from off" and perform a transfer. Please be aware, not all control will be able to accept this configuration. In order to ensure it would work, would you please provide us what control it is? If you have access to the job, could you also please provide us with the firmware? If you are unsure of how to get the firmware for it, please create a support file while connected to the system and tell us the name or serial number of the device.
    Thank you for this, I have found what you suggested, altered the setting and re-saved the project. I assume this prevents any raise from off on any keypad within the system rather than the specific keypad in question. Which I don't see as a particular issue here.
    The control in question is HWIS-6BRL-F and the firmware 7.1. I am going to site tomorrow and will create a support file, just in case.

Again many thanks.

Fix all worked many thanks for the information.