Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Caseta and Sivoia QS

Caseta and Sivoia QS

I have a Smart Bridge Pro, which I was told would work with my Sivoia QS shades. Unfortunately, I don't see any way in the iOS app to add the shades. They aren't "roller" or "honeycomb", and when I try to add the pico that controls the shades, it wants to control a light but not the shades. What am I doing wrong, or is this functionality simply not yet available?

Thanks!

Okay so it does appear that the Sivoia is referred to in the app as a "roller shade". But I don't have the button on my shades that the app indicates. I do have the buttons indicated for a reset, which I am loathe to do, as I do not want to lose the pico remotes that currently work with them....help!

Quote Originally Posted by stlblufan View Post
    I have a Smart Bridge Pro, which I was told would work with my Sivoia QS shades. Unfortunately, I don't see any way in the iOS app to add the shades. They aren't "roller" or "honeycomb", and when I try to add the pico that controls the shades, it wants to control a light but not the shades. What am I doing wrong, or is this functionality simply not yet available?

Thanks!

Okay to anyone else having this problem....I did in fact have to "factory reset" the shades. The instructions for pairing are a little off, because there is no big button on these shades, but once you have factory reset, you can use any of the four buttons to pair with the hub. Once the shades are paired with the hub, you pair the picos with the hub as well and tell it what shade(s) to control, and then the picos work just like they did before.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by stlblufan View Post
    Okay to anyone else having this problem....I did in fact have to "factory reset" the shades. The instructions for pairing are a little off, because there is no big button on these shades, but once you have factory reset, you can use any of the four buttons to pair with the hub. Once the shades are paired with the hub, you pair the picos with the hub as well and tell it what shade(s) to control, and then the picos work just like they did before.
    stlblufan,

If the Sivoia QS Wireless shades are previously assigned to a Pico they will need to be defaulted to add to the Smart Bridge Pro.

The picture to add the Roller Shade in the Lutron App is showing a representation of the QS Triathlon or Serena Battery Roller shade. This is why the description is telling you to press and hold the button on the shade.

I apologize for the confusion. I will send this feedback to the Caseta Wireless development team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P. View Post
    stlblufan,

If the Sivoia QS Wireless shades are previously assigned to a Pico they will need to be defaulted to add to the Smart Bridge Pro.

The picture to add the Roller Shade in the Lutron App is showing a representation of the QS Triathlon or Serena Battery Roller shade. This is why the description is telling you to press and hold the button on the shade.

I apologize for the confusion. I will send this feedback to the Caseta Wireless development team.
    It is two years later, but the instructions at the Lutron Caseta App are still for the Serena/QS Triathlon only.
    I would really appreciate if someone provide detailed instructions for Sivoia QS Wireless shades.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by oleggold View Post
    It is two years later, but the instructions at the Lutron Caseta App are still for the Serena/QS Triathlon only.
    I would really appreciate if someone provide detailed instructions for Sivoia QS Wireless shades.

Thank you.
    I would echo this.

The app is a UX disaster.

In particular, I have spent some time at the top of a step-ladder pressing four buttons with a paper-clip to reset a blind owing to an installer randomly playing around with settings fixing some other problem - and through trial and error have found the best thing to do was log out of Lutron, and reset HomeKit. That does not help me with the three blinds I did delete.

I am left now trying to re-add three blinds I should not have deleted that have the four buttons, and a Pico remote control. I think of myself as moderately technically-minded and I can certainly follow instructions but despite seeing that four sets of green LEDs are flashing, and holding for ten seconds, the iOS app screen is not advancing beyond the picture saying, "Add Roller Shade."

Phase 2 is going to be lighting and I suppose I am now committed but this is less of an appeal for help than harsh consumer feedback: this sucks. Your app sucks. The little PDF that comes up telling me what I need to do - and which I have to zoom into to see, and which may or may not prevent the steps of adding the device from working - sucks. And given that you seem to have known that this was the case back in 2014 and done nothing about it, I think it's fair to say that your feedback capture mechanisms suck.

I will get my installer to come back, and hope he doesn't once again screw up the other parts of HomeKit that currently do work.

Do I need to get the Smart Bridge Pro to operate the Sivoia QS wireless shades or can I just pair a new Caseta Pico to the shades? I have the non-Pro Smart Bridge now with several Caseta switches. If I get the Pro Bridge do I need to setup all the switches again?

Lutron Technical Support
    You have to have a Pro bridge to have Caseta control the Sivoia QS wireless shades.
    Alternately, you could just link a Pico remote directly to the shade and not have it be part of the Caseta system.
    If you switch to the Pro bridge, you will have to set up the switches again.

Kevin P,stlblufan's post confirming that you can use any of the 4 buttons to add the device, and yours confirming that you need to reset the Sivoia QS Wireless to default helped me get through this same issue a couple of years ago on two of our roller shades. The steps are:1. Reset to factory default the Sivoia QS Wireless shade or blind you want to add. This won't affect the open and closed limits. See https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...0Wireless.html section "Return to Defaults" for instructions.2. Open the Lutron app, select the gear icon in upper left, then select "Add Device". Select "Shade/Drapery", then select the type. Note that if the bridge is communicating properly, the green LED begins blinking 3 seconds on, then 1 second off.3. Press and hold any of the 4 buttons for 5 seconds and the green LED will flash quickly for a few seconds, then return to the 3s/1s pattern.4. The Lutron app should then ask for information about the location and name of the shade. Follow these steps, then select that you're finished adding devices. The app will say "Adding Device" for 10-30 seconds, and finally complete if all is well.Today, probably 2 years after the first successes, I added two more shades to the Smart Bridge Pro and I had to revisit this post and relearn how to do this. But it wasn't very explicit which is why I wrote these instructions. Also, I ran into a new issue. If in step 4, the app doesn't change screens to ask for further information, it is possible that the QS wireless transmitter can't communicate back to the Smart Bridge. In my case, I was able to get around this by using a long Ethernet cable and moving the Smart Bridge closer to the shade and repeat steps 2 thru 4. After adding and testing each shade, I then returned the Smart Bridge to its original location and everything continues to work fine. The Smart Bridge can apparently transmit further than the QS. The alternative would have been to buy a plug-in dimmer and set it up as a range extender. That may be desirable for battery-operated devices since I understand there is a low battery warning that the QS can send back to the app. Mine are powered via 24v, so I'm not worried about that.I hope this helps someone else avoid climbing up and down a ladder multiple times, wondering if you have the right directions, what to expect and why things are not working!