Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Adding a keypad to RadioRa2 system - electrical requirements?

Adding a keypad to RadioRa2 system - electrical requirements?

Hi, I have a RadioRa2 setup with a bunch of dimmer light switches, and all is great. I'd like to add a keypad to control the Normal/Away programming modes (and maybe a few other presets). I've been looking at the RRD-W7BRL-WH for example. What sort of electrical requirements are there? I have a spare spot in my 3-gang wall plate but I don't think I have any power that runs there other than the lights & light switches in the adjacent gangs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Here is one place you can start.
    http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Service-...h%C2%AE+Keypad

Check the pdf doc in the table.

Thanks, I had a look at this and it would imply I'd just need 120V electrical power to the box.

If only they made pico switches with 6-7 buttons...

The switches in the other 2 gangs don't have a feed? If they single pole switches they most likely do unless they did some funky switch drops from the lights and the feeds in the lights but that real old school. Even if they're 3 way switches you might still have constant power with a neutral there.
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

Quote Originally Posted by geofry View Post
    Thanks, I had a look at this and it would imply I'd just need 120V electrical power to the box.

If only they made pico switches with 6-7 buttons...
    Unless you really want the keypad to be wall mounted then Desktop keypad might do.

Quote Originally Posted by geofry View Post
    Hi, I have a RadioRa2 setup with a bunch of dimmer light switches, and all is great. I'd like to add a keypad to control the Normal/Away programming modes (and maybe a few other presets). I've been looking at the RRD-W7BRL-WH for example. What sort of electrical requirements are there? I have a spare spot in my 3-gang wall plate but I don't think I have any power that runs there other than the lights & light switches in the adjacent gangs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated - thanks!
    I think the simple answer is just 120vac power, which in a mutli-gang is usually there in some form. Alternately there is a application note showing you can run a Keypad on low-voltage power (48v I think they recommend). This is helpful if you are retrofitting an older Grafik Eye or other low-voltage control or keypad. Likewise it allows you some flexibility in wiring if you are adding one in a location that is otherwise impractical to get 120v power and/or wiring.

If you can settle for 4 buttons, there is a new 4 button Pico!!