Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Feature request add Hybrid to "Edit Device"

New Feature request add Hybrid to "Edit Device"

Re-working a project design and customer is wanting to change from dimmer to hybrid KP. Simple device edit does not show/allow Hybrid as an option in the "Edit Device" pop-up under "Device Type"

using 7.7

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    If the dimmer in the project file was a RRD-6D then you will have the option to convert the dimmer to the hybrid keypad when you edit the device. However if the dimmer was any other type of dimmer this option would not be available as the hybrid keypad would not be a direct replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig W. View Post
    If the dimmer in the project file was a RRD-6D then you will have the option to convert the dimmer to the hybrid keypad when you edit the device. However if the dimmer was any other type of dimmer this option would not be available as the hybrid keypad would not be a direct replacement.
    OK, I understand. Then theoretically I should be able to edit back to a 6D and then to a hybrid KP?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Yes you can change the device type so that the dimmer is a RRD-6D and then you will have the option to convert the dimmer to a hybrid keypad.

Just an FYI, when changing from 6NA > 6D > H6BRL

I had to adjust the load (min. wattage) 4x 15w (was 10w) to convert to 6D then the "Convert to Hybrid" text appears, Once clicked to convert though the "Fixture Quantity" does not carry over in the hybrid details pop-up, defaults to quantity 1. (Fixture Wattage did carry over)
    May suggest as bug...

Also, annoyingly, it will then let me adjust my load back to what it was 10w each.