Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Defined by sequence LED status when controlling two sequences

Defined by sequence LED status when controlling two sequences

If I have two sequences programmed to a button which sequence does it use when I set the LED to "defined by sequence" ?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    It would be the sequence that occurs first, but if none of the sequences have a delay, there may be a condition where both sequences will take turns being the first one that executes. In order to provide the best recommendation, would you be able to describe the button's application and when you want the LED to be on? If you have an existing file please attach it to the post as well for reference.

I have two fans that are in separate sequences that have different run times and some different repeating cycles. So as long as I have the sequence I want the LED based off start before the other one by using a delay it will always use that first sequence to base the LED off?

Another question. In a manual sequence I see there is no option for tracking. Does this mean a manual sequence always tracks the load it is controlling?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    We tested this functionality with the sample file attached and below are our test description and findings. The sequence that occurred later was the one that drove the LED on the button.

- We have two automatic sequences that turn on different zones, then turn them off.
    - Sequence one has a 5 second step that will keep the LED solid on and the light to 100%. The sequence then has another 5 second step that has the LED rapid blinking and the Lights to 25%. The stop sequence turns the light off.
    - Sequence two has a 5 second step that will have the LED rapid blink and the light to 100%. The sequence then has another 5 second step that has the LED going solid on and the Lights to 25%. The stop sequence turns the light off.
    - The keypad button that has these two sequences and LED logic set to "Defined by sequence" and has programming as follows:
    - Sequence 1 to "start/next" with no delay
    - Sequence 2 to "Start/next" with a .25 second delay

Sequence 2 occurred .25 seconds later, but it was the sequence that drove the LED on the button. The button LED blinks rapidly first, then it goes solid on.

As for your second question, manual sequences always have tracking enabled.
    Attached Files Attached Files