Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Switching fans and fluorescent fixtures with RPM-4R, loads stay on.

Switching fans and fluorescent fixtures with RPM-4R, loads stay on.

I have some exhaust fans and fluorescent light fixtures that I'm trying to switch with a -4R module and they are not responding. The loads just stay on and will not turn off. I have checked the programming to make sure I indeed had a -4R in the program for those circuits and everything seems to be OK. What can be the cause of this. I have them set as "switched fan" and "switched fluorescent" respectively. Anybody have any suggestions ?

You've probably checked already, but since you didn't mention it: Is the jumper removed? Is the rotary dial set properly? What do you get for blink code on module?

Yes, jumper is out and its blinking once per second. Rotary dial is set to the correct address for that module. In the morning I'm going to double check the wiring, etc. Everything seems to be OK on the programming side.

Are there other working RPM Modules in the panel ? The address dial can be tricky at times I would double check that. Then I would set the address dial to 0 see if all the loads go off. 0 should force all loads off then turn the dial to B see if zone 1 goes on then C for zone 2 then D for zone 3 and E for zone 4 If all that works you most likely have a communication problem to the RPM or MI assuming your programing is correct. You can also check that the wiring harness connecting the RPM to MI is installed correctly. Some instances people put them in starting from the wrong side but this would only be relevant if you don't have any other working rpm's in the same panel.

http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...er_modules.pdf

Yes I have other RPMs in that panel, they are 4A and they all work ok.
    I haven't had a chance to work on it today but I will check the rotary switch and try it on 0, like you suggested to force then off. I'll post my findings after I try a few things. Thanks.

Did you change the load types after the keypads were programmed? If you change a load type from "INC/Halogen Switched" to "Fan Switched" (or vice/versa) the button programming is affected. The load will change from Off to ON under the "Press Off" tab on a toggle button. The button will only turn the load on. You will have to go to each button the load is programmed to, and change the level to off on the "Press Off" tab.

7. Thanks digit1 thanked for this post
    I got them to turn off after I changed the disk to 0. Then I checked each circuit wirh the and they worked, but I still could not control with switch. Then after further investigation while checking wiring I realized those 2 4R RPMs were blinking once every 7 seconds. The communication problem was a bad connection at the interface module. It's all working now.
    Thanks for all the help.
    The moral of the story is: don't cross the mux wires. :)

9. Thanks Armando B. thanked for this post
    Likes Armando B. liked this post