Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pico Remote Favorite Button

Pico Remote Favorite Button

I just recently installed the Caseta in-wall dimmer with Pico remote. I adjusted the dimming for LED light bulbs and it seems when the lights are off for a few minutes and turn them on using the favorite button on the Pico remote, there is no light for a second, then the bulbs flash as if they blew out, then a second later, the lights dim to the favorite setting. Do I need to reset the dimming feature? When turning the lights off then turning them back on right away using the favorite button, they seem to turn on normal. I am using Cree compatible LED bulbs.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironeaglex View Post
    I just recently installed the Caseta in-wall dimmer with Pico remote. I adjusted the dimming for LED light bulbs and it seems when the lights are off for a few minutes and turn them on using the favorite button on the Pico remote, there is no light for a second, then the bulbs flash as if they blew out, then a second later, the lights dim to the favorite setting. Do I need to reset the dimming feature? When turning the lights off then turning them back on right away using the favorite button, they seem to turn on normal. I am using Cree compatible LED bulbs.
    Ironeaglex,

Can you please tell me what the model number of the Cree LED is?

BA19-08027OMF-12DE26-2U500. It was a 4 bulb multi-pack soft white 60w.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironeaglex View Post
    BA19-08027OMF-12DE26-2U500. It was a 4 bulb multi-pack soft white 60w.
    Ironeaglex,

At this time, there is no industry standard for the manufacturing of LEDs. Since they are all made differently, they will all react differently to the dimming signals that dimmers create. With that information in mind, Lutron does extensive compatibility testing on LEDs with our controls. We create a Compatible Bulb List which shows all the LEDs that have passed compatibility testing.

The BA19-08027OMF-12DE26-2U500 bulb does not appear on this list and we cannot guarantee dimming performance. We would recommend selecting a bulb that appears on this list, as it has passed our testing.