Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Software 7.8 - Main Repeater Stability

Software 7.8 - Main Repeater Stability

Regarding software 7.8, I'm just wondering what kind of changes were made to make the main repeater more stable. The reason I'm asking is after upgrading two systems to version 7.7, the clients have experienced weird network issues. One network will need to be reset (Router reboot) after a day or two. This issue never existed before upgrading the main repeater to software 7.7.

Thank you.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    To help us in determining the cause of this issue can you please ensure you have a connection to the main repeater and then create a support file. Please send the support file to systemsupport@Lutron.com and reference this forum thread.

Smile Power Off/Power On Main Repeater Every Few Days Home Control+ Message "Cannot Connect

I have (hope had) similar problem since I updated Essentials and Main Repeater Firmware to 7.6 couple months ago I have to "cycle" the power on the Main Repeater because all four smart devices Home Control+ apps get message "cannot connect to system" after a two or three days. All Time Clock events continue function perfectly as do all the Wireless Keypads and VCRX Security Integration with Alarm.com. I have three different connection methods configured in my Router and on each iPhone/iPad...Dynamic DNS, IP Address and of course the Lutron registered connection and all of them fail couple of days after power is cycled on Main Repeater. All three connection methods have worked flawlessly for couple years until I updated to 7.6 Essentials. As mentioned a simple power off, wait few seconds and power on resolves the issue for a couple of days. I updated to 7.8 last night and thinking since Release Notes refer to "Main Repeater stability" I am guessing a bug was found in 7.6 causing the Main Repeater not accept access through the Internet after a day or two. I am a new member on this forum. I have been an RA Volution forum member for couple years. This site seems to have more activity and information.

Quote Originally Posted by Treason101 View Post
    Regarding software 7.8, I'm just wondering what kind of changes were made to make the main repeater more stable. The reason I'm asking is after upgrading two systems to version 7.7, the clients have experienced weird network issues. One network will need to be reset (Router reboot) after a day or two. This issue never existed before upgrading the main repeater to software 7.7.

Thank you.

4. Thanks digit1 thanked for this post