Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New user--basic setup question

New user--basic setup question

Brand new to the forum and a homeowner trying to get our system set up. We have two aux repeaters and one main repeater. I bought lutron in the hopes of integrating it with our home automation system, but in order to do this, need the IP addresses of our repeaters. Is there any way to do this without having the software installed? We have a pretty basic system, so my thought was that I could program the devices manually, but now finding I may be out of luck as far as integration goes.

If we need the software installed, is this something installers are open to doing? I'd be ok with to paying someone do all the device setup, etc..., but I've unfortunately already purchased/installed all of my equipment, not realizing it wasn't something I could do myself... Any thoughts would be very appreciated--my SO is getting a little frustrated with my adventures in automation, so I'm hoping to figure out a solution soon!

No issue. Just do an IP scan on your network and it will show you the Lutron repeater and the IP address.. I use the IOS (Apple) app, "Net Analyzer". Make sure your mobile device or computer is on the same network as your Main Repeater..

Hope this helps..

Thank you! I'll admit, I'm feeling like a bit of an idiot--I actually tried that earlier, but at some point must have unplugged the ethernet connection, so nothing showed up... Looks like it's showing up now. Crossing my fingers all will go well from here. Thanks again for your help!

No problem. Anytime.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by tb001 View Post
    Brand new to the forum and a homeowner trying to get our system set up. We have two aux repeaters and one main repeater. I bought lutron in the hopes of integrating it with our home automation system, but in order to do this, need the IP addresses of our repeaters. Is there any way to do this without having the software installed? We have a pretty basic system, so my thought was that I could program the devices manually, but now finding I may be out of luck as far as integration goes.

If we need the software installed, is this something installers are open to doing? I'd be ok with to paying someone do all the device setup, etc..., but I've unfortunately already purchased/installed all of my equipment, not realizing it wasn't something I could do myself... Any thoughts would be very appreciated--my SO is getting a little frustrated with my adventures in automation, so I'm hoping to figure out a solution soon!
    tb001,

To integrate with the RadioRA 2 system it will need to be programmed with Software. Without software programming you will not have an XML file or list of Integration IDs and Components that are needed for the string commands used to control the RadioRA 2 system.

You can find a dealer using the Where to Buy link: http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Pages/WhereToBuy.aspx. You can call the dealer and ask if they are willing to come program the system for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P. View Post
    tb001,

To integrate with the RadioRA 2 system it will need to be programmed with Software. Without software programming you will not have an XML file or list of Integration IDs and Components that are needed for the string commands used to control the RadioRA 2 system.

You can find a dealer using the Where to Buy link: http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Pages/WhereToBuy.aspx. You can call the dealer and ask if they are willing to come program the system for you.

Ah shoot, I had hoped that I could manually add the devices and then view the xml file using my web browser, but nothing's showing up. Assumed I had just added the device incorrectly, but it sounds like that's not the case. I actually called an installer earlier this week, but still haven't heard back and was looking to get this done by the weekend, but guessing I'm going to be waiting a bit!

ETA, thanks for the advice! I could have spent the rest of the day banging my head against the wall on this!