Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Factory reset SmartBridge

  1. #1

    Factory reset SmartBridge

    Is there a way to factory reset the Smart Bridge and link it to a new account?
    In case someone used a false email and forgotten his/her password.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by yan@dytronix.com View Post
    Is there a way to factory reset the Smart Bridge and link it to a new account?
    In case someone used a false email and forgotten his/her password.
    Yan,

    The Smart Bridge can be reassigned to a new account by following the "Setup My System" process. When a Smart Bridge is assigned to a new account all the previous programming will be retained and transferred to the new account.

  3. Likes Armando B. liked this post
  4. #3
    Is there a way to erase all the settings?
    because we have one setup in our lab to train our technicians, its easier if we can factory reset everything and start anew, rather than deleting all devices and scenes one by one.

  5. #4
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by yan@dytronix.com View Post
    Is there a way to erase all the settings?
    because we have one setup in our lab to train our technicians, its easier if we can factory reset everything and start anew, rather than deleting all devices and scenes one by one.
    yan@dytronix.com,

    Currently there is not a way to factory default the Smart Bridge. Thank you for the feedback. I will pass this information along to the Caseta Wireless development team.

  6. #5
    Just regarding this -


    You can do a 'reset' of sorts, which is similar to most Lutron products.

    The BLACK button on the back - you can perform the standard 3-press-hold-3-press reset.


    I have had success with this method after speaking with Lutron regarding a few issues we were having.

    Procedure:

    Press the black button on the back of the Smart Bridge Pro 3 times, holding it for 10 seconds on the 3rd press.

    After 10 seconds has passed, release the button and press it 3 more consecutive times.No, this is not in any official documentation, but is a method we found out through Lutron support as some of our contractors were initially having some weird issues with their Smart Bridge Pros.

  7. Thanks Dimerize thanked for this post
    Likes Dimerize liked this post
  8. #6
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerHoffarth View Post
    Just regarding this -


    You can do a 'reset' of sorts, which is similar to most Lutron products.

    The BLACK button on the back - you can perform the standard 3-press-hold-3-press reset.


    I have had success with this method after speaking with Lutron regarding a few issues we were having.

    Procedure:

    Press the black button on the back of the Smart Bridge Pro 3 times, holding it for 10 seconds on the 3rd press.

    After 10 seconds has passed, release the button and press it 3 more consecutive times.No, this is not in any official documentation, but is a method we found out through Lutron support as some of our contractors were initially having some weird issues with their Smart Bridge Pros.
    TylerHoffarth,

    You can default the Smart Bridge with the Triple Tap Hold, Triple Tap sequence. This was added with the last release of firmware for version 1.2 of the Lutron App.

    If you default the Smart Bridge all the programming information will be removed from the Smart Bridge. Please be aware this will not remove the Smart Bridge from your account. You will need to create a new account in the Lutron App to reassign your Smart Bridge.

    Another procedure is to press and hold the button for 20 seconds. This will return the networking information of the Smart Bridge back to DHCP. This is useful in case a someone set the wrong Static IP on the Smart Bridge.

  9. Likes Dimerize liked this post
  10. #7
    Yes - That is what I was trying to get across to the OP.

    It will only default the unit, not remove it from your account.


    As far as I know as well, emailing support to remove your email from a SBP is also available - We have done this in the past, as well.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P. View Post
    TylerHoffarth,

    You can default the Smart Bridge with the Triple Tap Hold, Triple Tap sequence. This was added with the last release of firmware for version 1.2 of the Lutron App.

    If you default the Smart Bridge all the programming information will be removed from the Smart Bridge. Please be aware this will not remove the Smart Bridge from your account. You will need to create a new account in the Lutron App to reassign your Smart Bridge.

    Another procedure is to press and hold the button for 20 seconds. This will return the networking information of the Smart Bridge back to DHCP. This is useful in case a someone set the wrong Static IP on the Smart Bridge.

  11. Likes Dimerize liked this post
  12. #8
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerHoffarth View Post
    Yes - That is what I was trying to get across to the OP.

    It will only default the unit, not remove it from your account.


    As far as I know as well, emailing support to remove your email from a SBP is also available - We have done this in the past, as well.
    System Support does not have the ability to remove a Smart Bridge from your email account. A Smart Bridge is removed from your account when it is assigned to another account through the Set Up My System process.

    Thank you for the feedback. I have passed this feedback along to the Caseta Wireless development team for a future feature request.

  13. #9
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    395
    Also, any devices that you had previously added to the Smart Bridge will need to be factory reset locally.

    Note that Lutron DOES NOT RECOMMEND factory resetting a Smart Bridge, unless advised by a member of Lutron’s technical support team.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •