Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: qs control of silent gliss curtains

qs control of silent gliss curtains

Ive been asked to control a number of silent gliss curtains from a newly upgraded qs system, if its possible what would be the hardware and programming requirments? currently there is a 230v feed to each window position along with a cat5 cable that is currently terminated into a redundant cco card that use to feed the old silent gliss tracks!!
    I have an existing cable to the cco panel to enable it to sit on the qs link if this helps?

Thanks

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    First we will need to know a few things about your system. Is the QS system Homeworks QS, GrafikEye QS, or Quantum?

The QSE-IO is our standard CCO interface for all three systems. Do you know how many closures you need per shade, and how many shades are you controlling?

Hi there,
    the system is homeworks qs, and it's the silent gliss curtain poles with the low voltage motors,2 closures per shade I think just open/close?? Unsure of the exact amount of curtain motors yet at an estimate I'd say 10.
    is the QSE-IO like the old cco cards of illumination?
    thanks

If you need two closures per shade and have ten shades, that will be twenty closures. This will require four QSE-IOs (5 output closures per unit).

Each output closure can be independently controlled by the HWQS processor.

Hello,
    I have the following question. I need to control two 3-wire silent gliss AC Shades. We have a Grafikeye QS stand alone system, with:
    1-QSE-CI-4M-D
    2-QSE-IO (one for each AC shade)
    1-QSWS2 keypad.
    We have the following requirement:
    -Both group of shades can not be closed at the same time.
    Can you help me with the wiring and programming of this layout?
    Please advise,
    Thanks,

First, is this an installation that is under UL or CSA (US or Canada)? The QSE-CI-4M-D is not yet rated for these applications. It is CE rated.

Next, I am assuming that each of the two AC shades is connected to a different output of the QSE-CI-4M-D.

Once this is done, you can assign the QSWS2 or any of the three shade-group keypads on a QSGRJ main unit to the first, second, or both AC shades on the QSE-CI-4M-D. See the Spec sheet or install guide for instructions (search 'QSE-CI-4M-D' on the www.lutron.com website).

The QSE-IO would not be used in this application. If you are using a contact-closure input, you can tie this to the QSE-IO, and then program the QSE-IO to control shade groups on the QSE-CI-4M-D, similar to a QSWS2 keypad.

There is no way in a stand alone GrakikQS system to not allow one shade to move if the other is closed.

Hello,
    This is an installation is in DR. Don't worry about the rating. Both shades are connected to different outputs.
    The real requirement is not "to not allow one shade to move if the other is closed.", it's to every time you close on shade group the other has to open, so both shades are never closed together.
    Is this possible with a stand alone Grafik Qs System, and if not, can it be done via a 3rd party relay module, controlled by the QS system?
    Please advise,
    Thanks for your help.

For those conditions I think you would need to upgrade to homeworks.

Homeworks would easily do this. It will require a Homeworks certified installer to do the programming.

There could be one way around this. You can toggle between two scenes on a GrafikQS unit, if these are your two scenes:
    Scene 1 - shade A open, shade B closed
    Scene 2 - shade A closed, shade B open

Install a GrafikQS QSGRJ-3P-2WH (or equivalent).
    Assign one shade group to the first shading column on the QSGRJ and the second shade group to the second shade column.
    Create the two scenes listed above in the QSGRJ.
    Reprogram the existing QSWS2 keypad as a 2 button 'scene' keypad, controlling scene 1 and 2 and link it to the QSGRJ.

The keypad will now allow you to close one shade and open the other at the same time. Any scenario requiring more logic ('if', 'or', 'and' type commands) will need Homeworks.

Thanks Tim.
    I did everything and it works fine via the Grafikeye. But when I program the keypad scene based (Scene 5-9 for example) It doesn't recall the scenes on the grafikeye.
    I tried with another keypad of another model and it didn't work either. Am I missing something with the keypads?
    Please advise,

Thanks for your help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast