Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Web server & HWQS

Web server & HWQS

Hello everybody,

I'm french engineer student and actually I did my final internship. I worked with the DALI protocol and more particulary Lutron equipment for lighting management.

The system is composed exactly of :

01 - HOMEWORKS QSL2 HQP6 2
    02 - QSPS-DH-1-60
    03 - QS-WLB
    04 - DALI - LQSE-2DAL-D
    05 - QSE-CI-WCI
    06 - LQSE-4S10-N

My question is the following : For programming the system, we have the help of a programmer specialized in Lutron. We have different lighting scenarios for the DALI with different lighting level. I would like to know if that's possible to create a web server to control the HWQS with the web. For example, in order to modify the lighting level of lamps instead of going through the software.

Thanks for your answer and sorry for my poor english level. :)

Best regards,

Valentin

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Valentin,

Unfortunately, there is no web server that could control the HomeWorks QS system. We would recommend verifying if the Lutron Home Control+ iOS or Android app is available in your country. If it is, please see the attached user guide to verify how it can be used to control the system.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You should look into the integration protocol: http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ary/040249.pdf

If you really want a webserver controlled qs system, you could write a telnet backend that uses the integration protocol to telnet to the processor and sends commands. It wouldn't be too hard to do something quick and dirty in python.

Illuminations systems used to have webservers built in, QS removed that feature in favor of the app.

4. Likes Armando B. liked this post