Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wallbox Power Module & 7.7

+1 !!!!!!!

Non-Lutronites as mods won't happen. Been around since before it was public- membership has it's privileges. I asked about being a mod when I was an independent outside rep for Lutron. The lawyers said no way, no chance. They don't want the liability issues associated with it, as this can be seen as official Lutron communication. It's a CYOA thing, basically. Besides, then I would have to watch my tongue when senior executives for IT companies complain that their Caseta can't match HomeWorks QS...
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

That sounds exactly like what ultra-conservative Lutron would say. I’m obviously not a lawyer but I don’t see the liability issue. Especially when there are plenty of similar sites with volunteer moderators. I think the fact that the site is so poorly moderated is a bigger liability. Anyone can get in and post anything they want. Lutron doesn’t seem to review many posts. The forum has the look-and-feel of Lutron. Has the Lutron name all over it. Is hosted by Lutron. Is linked on the Lutron.com home page. I think that puts the liability in Lutron’s lap.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

@randyc- I agree with you for the most part. I know pretty much who the good guys are and aren't on here, as do you. I think the intent of the site was to distribute knowledge, and it is doing a fine job of it. Fact remains, you or I could recommend a wiring solution or LED fixture that does not perform properly, or creates a hazard. Ultra-conservative Lutron does not want the liability of a non-employee giving out what would essentially be an official communication and thus exposing them to that liability. As users, we can say whatever whenever we want, within the guidlelines of conduct here. So Lutron is excused from that liability. Good, bad, indifferent- it won't change. Eventually people will seek out those with the knowledge to gain answers. There's a reason we post our contact info in signatures. One day we'll meet and swap stories over beers.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Wouldn't want a "moderator". I know that can get tricky with what's allowed and what isn't and also like SDR said the liability of giving advice. Just want a website tech that can keep this place in order. Ie...SPAM, attachments......on and on. Maybe a current member with privileges for cleaning up the clutter but not posting as a official Lutronian. Personally a little worried about visiting this site. How do we know it hasn't been hacked and feeding my system bad vibes? Yea I have anti v running. Firewall on. Blah, blah, blah. Doubt this little forum is any serious concern of hackers but never know. But at least fix the forum so those of us that appreciate it can use it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12