Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good BR30 >65W Equivalent?

Quote Originally Posted by schalliol View Post
    The other observation I have with the 6NA is that the dimming range is full but the LEDs on the dimmer don't show as such. Basically there's 100% brightness from 40% +, so you spend your time in the lower range if you want to dim.
    I noticed that this is the case when 6NA is in Auto-Detect mode. Once I set it to Forward mode, it behaves much better with TCP bulbs. If only it would stick: every other time some 6NAs in a project revert to Auto-Detect, and I have to go through the project and repeat Forward settings.

The other observation I have with the 6NA is that the dimming range is full but the LEDs on the dimmer don't show as such. Basically there's 100% brightness from 40% +, so you spend your time in the lower range if you want to dim.
    Does adjusting the high end trim help with that? I've never really changed it, so don't know how it works, but I'm thinking if a light looks like it's at full brightness at say 80%, you could set the high end trim at 80%, and then that's as bright as it will go. (And hopefully, once that's set, then the scale is reset everywhere as well - so when you set it to '100%' on a switch or with the app, then it actually is running at 80% and setting it to '50%' actually means 40%, etc...)

Or does the high-end-trim setting do something else entirely?

Swancoat- You are correct in your assumption that when app or dimmer says 100%, it will actually be 80%.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

I've tried the forward-phase adjustment, which didn't seem to help in this application on the NA.

Here's relatively what I'm seeing on the illumination based on corresponding LED indicator:

## Perceived
    10 100%
    09 100%
    08 100%
    07 100%
    06 100%
    05 100%
    04 80%
    03 60%
    02 40%
    01 20%

Is there anyway to adjust the trim settings to make it more adjustable with a dimmer? Perhaps would I set the high-end trim at something like 50%? I realize the RRD-6NA isn't supported for this item, but I can of course adjust the settings in Essentials/Inclusive.

I've tried the forward-phase adjustment, which didn't seem to help in this application on the NA.
    That is very strange. I have installed these two bulb models LED12BR30D41K and LED12BR30D30K, all on 6NA dimmers, and when I set 6NA to Forward phase, they work great. From the off state, single tap on Raise button brings all bulb to the very-dim-glowing state, with no delay. And another tap on Lower would dim them even more - to what feels like 0.5%.

I wonder why they didn't work in your case. I was using from 2 to 6 bulbs per circuit.

Maybe I just need to send it again to make sure they didn't revert to auto like mentioned above. Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123