Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Fascia Final Width

Fascia Final Width

In regards to Triathlon Rollers:

In the SCT it explains the "B to B" (outside mount) as the Bracket to Bracket as the "system width" and 7/16" (x2) difference from the actual fabric width.

In the Submital and Product guide it shows the fascia width as "fabric Width" I assume this is a typo or I'm not understanding how the fascia can both mount over the brackets that are wider than the fabric and still be "fabric width"

Is there a submital sheet or spec. that clearly defines the finish dimensions?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    The SCT will always be the most up to date place to find current size and fabric information for Lutron shades. For Triathlon roller shades with a fascia, the light gaps will be 7/16" on each side. Triathlon rollers without fascia, or ordered as inside mount, will have different light gaps.

The current Triathlon and Serena Spec Sheet can be found at www.lutron.com (type 085312 in the search to go directly to it). On page two it shows both back cover and fascia dimensions. The width is simply called "Shade Width". This will be the overall width of the shade (or "B to B" in the SCT). Unfortunately, the light gaps are not mentioned in this document.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim S. View Post
    The SCT will always be the most up to date place to find current size and fabric information for Lutron shades. For Triathlon roller shades with a fascia, the light gaps will be 7/16" on each side. Triathlon rollers without fascia, or ordered as inside mount, will have different light gaps.

The current Triathlon and Serena Spec Sheet can be found at www.lutron.com (type 085312 in the search to go directly to it). On page two it shows both back cover and fascia dimensions. The width is simply called "Shade Width". This will be the overall width of the shade (or "B to B" in the SCT). Unfortunately, the light gaps are not mentioned in this document.
    So what you are saying is the B to B (Bracket to Bracket) dimension, for an outside mount, isn't really the B to B dimension, it will be the width of the Fascia? That's even worse. Why not just publish the actual dimensions and call them what they are?

I'm trying to help a frustrated customer that got bad service from another installer but it's easy to see why when the info is so convoluted. They ordered a shade per the measuring guidelines and the finished product (fabric width) is 1-1/2" narrower than than the window opening. Now they have considerable light gap. You would think for an outside mount the fabric width would at least be close the supplied measurement.

I'd like to be able to give him a straight answer this doesn't happen if he purchases his other shades from me, but how can I given the lack or precise info?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    One area that can cause confusion is that the fascias are different on Triathlon/Serena rollers than our standard rollers.

The B to B measurement on a standard roller (64, 100, etc...) shade would be the bracket to bracket width. The fascia fits over the front and does not add to the system width.

The B to B measurement on a Triathlon roller will be the "system width". This is the bracket to bracket measurement on a non-fascia shade, or the fascia measurement if one is included. The fascia is wider than the brackets to cover them and give a cleaner overall look when used in an outside mount application.

This means there are four different light gap possibilities with a Triathlon roller shade, based on inside/outside mount, and fascia/non-fascia. For each side of the shade, they are:

Inside mount/non-fascia = 1/2"
    Inside mount/fascia = 3/4"
    Outside mount/non-fascia = 7/16"
    Outside mount/fascia = 11/16"

Standard Sivoia QS roller shades will all have a 3/4" light gap on each side.

The light-gap dimensions will be shown on the summary page when you create, or mock-up a shade in the SCT.

5. Thanks paulhanks thanked for this post
    Likes paulhanks liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim S. View Post
    This means there are four different light gap possibilities with a Triathlon roller shade, based on inside/outside mount, and fascia/non-fascia. For each side of the shade, they are:

Inside mount/non-fascia = 1/2"
    Inside mount/fascia = 3/4"
    Outside mount/non-fascia = 7/16"
    Outside mount/fascia = 11/16"

Standard Sivoia QS roller shades will all have a 3/4" light gap on each side.

The light-gap dimensions will be shown on the summary page when you create, or mock-up a shade in the SCT.
    This is exactly the info I was looking for and found out, after playing in SCT. You explained it very well, thank you.