Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to setup a new Caseta Wireless dimmer with Remote to Wink Hub - How to guide

How to setup a new Caseta Wireless dimmer with Remote to Wink Hub - How to guide

As I struggled very much on this tonight, I thought I would share my experience so that it becomes easier for other users to set these up.

The dimmer can only be controlled by 1 unit, either the remote or the wink. To go around this limitation, this is how to setup the system.

You will need to pair each unit with the wink: the remote and the dimmer, in order for the system to work

Note: with some routers, you will be stuck in step 3 during the pairing setup with the wink app, if your iphone is on the same internal wifi network as your wink. If this is the case, delete all dimmer trials if they got somehow created to some extent, disconnect your iphone from the home wifi, and redo the setup using your phone 3G or 4G internet

1. To pair the remote with the wink hub
    • Go to Add product
    • Select the "remotes" option and just follow the step to pair the remote
      • When you get to step 3, in the phone setup, wait for the wink hub "Blue light" to blink, before pressing the remote button for 6 seconds. If the hub blue light does not blink, it is not in "learning" or "pairing" mode and won't be able to pair with your remote
      • Once the pairing is complete, a green light will be presented on the hub, followed by returning to its standard blue light, then the phone App will move to "step 4" meaning that the remote is paired

• Rename the remote to the name you will want it to be associated with

2. To pair the dimmer with the wink hub
    • Go to Add product
    • Select the "Light" option, then select the "Caseta In-Wall Dimmer" and just follow the step to pair the remote
      • When you get to step 3, in the phone setup, wait for the wink hub "Blue light" to blink, before pressing the dimmer button for 6 seconds. If the hub blue light does not blink, it is not in "learning" or "pairing" mode and won't be able to pair with your dimmer
      • Once the pairing is complete, a green light will be presented on the hub, followed by returning to its standard blue light, then the phone App will move to "step 4" meaning that the dimmer is paired

• Rename the dimmer to the name you will want it to be associated with, good idea to match the name set in step 1 above

3. Let Wink know that the remote is associated with the dimmer, so that the remote can control the dimmer again
    • Select the remote you just paired in the list of devices you control
    • Below the title "control these lights" is now presented the lights dimmer we paired in section 2 above, select it

All should be working now.

Tests:
    • Select the "light" option in the devices supported, click on the "off" button and the light should turn on
    • Move the light bulb around to dim the light
    • Use the remote to control the lights, it should work as well
    Last edited by Kevin P.; 07-24-2014 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Added Wink Hub to title for less confusion

2. Thanks Kevin P. thanked for this post
    Likes Kevin P. liked this post
    At least, this is how I understood it works ;)

schedule with wink hub not working with lutron

i set a schedule to turn some lights on at night and then off again in the morning. the schedule works great to turn the light on at night. i have not been able to successfully set up the schedule to turn the lights off. any ideas?
    thanks

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by jodoc View Post
    i set a schedule to turn some lights on at night and then off again in the morning. the schedule works great to turn the light on at night. i have not been able to successfully set up the schedule to turn the lights off. any ideas?
    thanks
    jodoc,

We would recommend contacting Wink technical support at 1-844-WINKAPP. They will be able to help troubleshoot your schedule programming using the Wink Hub.

thanks

I just installed the same setup (Lutron wireless dimmer with wink hub) and had the same issue where the scheduled event get triggered but the light does not switch off? where you able to resolve the issue ?

The software seems a bit buggy. I changed the time for the light to turn off and that somehow resolved the problem. Not sure why. I had the same problem with getting the time to be am initially. I finally saved the turn off time as pm (wouldn't let me do anything else anyway) and then went in and edited it to be am. Hopefully they get some of the bugs worked out.

The software seems a bit buggy. I changed the time for the light to turn off and that somehow resolved the problem. Not sure why. I had the same problem with getting the time to be am initially. I finally saved the turn off time as pm (wouldn't let me do anything else anyway) and then went in and edited it to be am. Hopefully they get some of the bugs worked out.

Thank you for your quick reply I did the same and it's working fine (changed the schedule to a different time in PM then changed it back to the right time in AM schedule)!

I have an issue that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I had the Caseta in-wall dimmer set-up through a Wink hub and everything was working fine. I had an issue with the hub and had to reconnect everything. With the in-wall dimmer, it will not go in to "pairing" mode when I hold the bottom button down for 6 seconds. The lights never light up. Otherwise, the dimmer works fine. It turns lights off and on and dims them. Just won't pair with my Wink. Any ideas?

Dan2016, you need to erases any pairings you may have created. To do this, quickly tap the “off” button on the dimmer 3 times and hold it down after the last tap. Wait for the LED on the dimmer to blink, and then quickly tap the “off” button 3 more times. The dimmer will no longer be paired. Repeat the steps for the remote.

I had the same issue once and I did the reset and then I was able to do the pair.

Note: These steps from lutron caséta FQA for the remote control.

Thanks so much for your help. It worked.

Quote Originally Posted by taasadi View Post
    Dan2016, you need to erases any pairings you may have created. To do this, quickly tap the “off” button on the dimmer 3 times and hold it down after the last tap. Wait for the LED on the dimmer to blink, and then quickly tap the “off” button 3 more times. The dimmer will no longer be paired. Repeat the steps for the remote.

I had the same issue once and I did the reset and then I was able to do the pair.

Note: These steps from lutron caséta FQA for the remote control.

Now I just need to figure out how to do the same with my Schlage lock.

Cheers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast