Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: How to setup a new Caseta Wireless dimmer with Remote to Wink Hub - How to guide

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1
    I'm having a good deal of trouble getting the dimmer to pair with the hub. I have seen 2 different speeds of flashing on the dimmer when attempting to pair, sometimes all the LEDs flash slowly (about once per second) other times they all flash very quickly. Can anyone advise as to what is "normal" or what could be the problem? I've successfully paired it to the Pico, but can't get the dimmer to pair.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex C. View Post
    I'm having a good deal of trouble getting the dimmer to pair with the hub. I have seen 2 different speeds of flashing on the dimmer when attempting to pair, sometimes all the LEDs flash slowly (about once per second) other times they all flash very quickly. Can anyone advise as to what is "normal" or what could be the problem? I've successfully paired it to the Pico, but can't get the dimmer to pair.

    It should flash very quickly, remove Pico from the wink app and reset both the dimmer and the remote as I listed in earlier post then try to pair them with wink hub.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1
    Hey guys I'm new here and wanted to say hi!

    I just purchased a wink hub but was looking to see what you guys are using for wall dimmers I was @ my local homedepot and they couldn't tell me what switches to use besides 1 but that was $54.99 and in looking to install 10 of these. That can get pricey!

    Thanks for the help in advance.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Blownstang View Post
    Hey guys I'm new here and wanted to say hi!

    I just purchased a wink hub but was looking to see what you guys are using for wall dimmers I was @ my local homedepot and they couldn't tell me what switches to use besides 1 but that was $54.99 and in looking to install 10 of these. That can get pricey!

    Thanks for the help in advance.
    Am using the lutron in wall dimmer with the remote yes they are pricey but are perfectly working with wink hub and you still can use the remote. All the other dimmers are zwave with the same price or higher and no remote.

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1
    ok, so i have a switch/pico kit. i had them paired and working fine. A few days later I tried to pair to my WINK hub.....no luck. Tried to clear both units, still no luck. Do i link them individually to the hub and then the hub communicates to both?? Would be nice to control from phone or pico. help would be appreciated. Do both lutron units reset the same way???
    Thanks in advance..................was trying to pull my hair out last night!!!!!!!!!!

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ipgreen2 View Post
    ok, so i have a switch/pico kit. i had them paired and working fine. A few days later I tried to pair to my WINK hub.....no luck. Tried to clear both units, still no luck. Do i link them individually to the hub and then the hub communicates to both?? Would be nice to control from phone or pico. help would be appreciated. Do both lutron units reset the same way???
    Thanks in advance..................was trying to pull my hair out last night!!!!!!!!!!
    Here's the Manual. It shows the pairing and removal process, think it starts on page 28:
    http://www.casetawireless.com/Docume...ced%20Inst.pdf


    I'm having the same exact issue. I've had a case open with Wink for over 2 weeks now and they're scratching their heads as well. I've tried countless times to pair, repair, reset the remote and dimmer switch. I even returned the wink hub at the suggestion of their support and got a replacement.

    I've noticed that my dimmer switch only blinks slowly when i attempt to enter it into pairing mode, never with rapid flashes. After trying to pair the hub will not exit pairing mode an has to be reset. here's a few things their support has had me try:

    Moving the hub to various spots around the house in order to disrupt any radio interference.

    Reset the switch and hub and repair.

    Swapped out my Airport Extreme with a spare router, factory reset the hub and started a new.

    Switched all networking spectrums to 2.4GhZ from mixed mode.

    Returned the wink hub for a new unit.

  7. #17
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by ipgreen2 View Post
    ok, so i have a switch/pico kit. i had them paired and working fine. A few days later I tried to pair to my WINK hub.....no luck. Tried to clear both units, still no luck. Do i link them individually to the hub and then the hub communicates to both?? Would be nice to control from phone or pico. help would be appreciated. Do both lutron units reset the same way???
    Thanks in advance..................was trying to pull my hair out last night!!!!!!!!!!
    ipgreeen2,

    Once the Dimmer is assigned to the Wink hub it will not be able to enter local pairing. You must pair both the Dimmer and Pico to the Wink hub and then program the Pico in the Wink Hub to control the dimmer. Then you will be able to control it with the phone and Pico.

  8. #18
    Hello All,

    Sorry to bring this old thread back up but I am having some issues now pairing my PICO remotes and Caseta Dimmers to the WINK. I called wink support and they told me that they have received a few calls with people over the weekend saying they were having similar issues.

    Basically, I have reset both my remote and the dimmer multiple times, I put my WINK into pairing mode, but it seems as though the remote and dimmer do not want to enter pairing.

    On the dimmer: I hold the power off button for 6 second, instead of receiving the rapid flash, I get a slow flash of all of the LED's and nothing happens. The WINK never detects it and has to be manually reset.

    On the remote: I hold the power off button for 6 seconds, the led flashes rapidly for about 5 seconds then goes out and thats it. The device never pairs, and WINK HUB has to be reset.

    The reps from WINK on the phone were great but basically said it seems like a firmware issue on Lutrons end, and there was nothing that could be done. Anyone have any ideas?

    Steve

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1
    I think you have to reset the Caseta switch, remove it from wink, then pair it again

  10. #20
    I found this information and the procedures very helpful, thanks! And the breadcrumbs were tasty, too.

    I'm using, or trying to use, a Caseta dimmer with a Wink hub and Amazon Echo. The dimmer box and remote work as they should. The controls in the Wink hub mobile app work correctly, too. But Amazon Echo wrongly understands the Caseta dimmer as though it were a switch, even though the Wink hub device description clearly states "Lutron: Caseta Wireless Dimmer & Pico." Is there anything I could be doing wrong or must I conclude this is an Echo bug?

    Thanks for thoughts!

    Cheers,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Converting Incandescent Dimming setup to LED's
    By mca-llc in forum Compatibility - LED
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2014, 10:52 AM
  2. PD-6WCL in a 3-Way Setup
    By Kevin P. in forum Design Assistance - CAS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-01-2014, 03:12 PM
  3. How does a CL dimmer differ from a Standard Dimmer?
    By BrianWren in forum General Discussion - LED
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-30-2014, 03:00 PM
  4. Shading Product Guide
    By Tim S. in forum Design Assistance - Shades
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-21-2013, 02:12 PM
  5. HomeWorks Illuminations RF toroubleshooting guide
    By Craig W. in forum Troubleshooting - Legacy HW
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2013, 04:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •