Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Additional RadioRA2 programming features/wish-list

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrent View Post
    At 10:30pm, I want all my dimmers to stay off, but set themselves to something like 30%.
    At 6:00am, they would all go back to whatever they were before the night.
    I would also love to have this feature. Be able to change the on dim level WITHOUT actually turning on the light. For exactly the same reason, not blind me when I get up in the middle of the night.

The timeclocks DO support enabling/disabling motion sensors. So, for now, I can at least tell my adjacent closet not to turn on it's light between 11pm and 7am.

Would this be doable with a 3rd party IFTTT solution ?
    I guess that would mean that all the dimmers are installed but not programmed at all in Essentials.
    The IFTTT controller would receive signals from the switchs and dimmers and turn the lights according to the time of day.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    For the features you are looking for you would need a Homeworks QS system. Then there would be the ability to conditional program keypad buttons and dimmers to do 1 thing during the day and something different at night or past a certain time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike S. View Post
    For the features you are looking for you would need a Homeworks QS system. Then there would be the ability to conditional program keypad buttons and dimmers to do 1 thing during the day and something different at night or past a certain time.
    Or an integrated Home Automation system. I have an RRA2 system with over 100 devices and that's what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingDiver View Post
    Or an integrated Home Automation system. I have an RRA2 system with over 100 devices and that's what I do.
    That was my plan until I realized some of the conditional/logic needs to exist in the lighting hardware due to the design/performance issues.

Right now I would be happy to capture press/release reliably. However, support had stated that's a no go due to radiora design. Workaround is on backlog - but no guarantees.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingDiver View Post
    Very nice. To avoid hijacking the thread, would you please email me at jon at my username dot com with what you're using?

Quote Originally Posted by schalliol View Post
    Very nice. To avoid hijacking the thread, would you please email me at jon at my username dot com with what you're using?
    Won't be as robust as you'd hope/want.

Speaking from experience - but I'd love to be proven wrong.

This was my approach going in and I'm regretting not going HWQS or another solution altogether.

More "magic" goes on within ClearConnect/Lutron world that an external home automation system can't augment.

10 years ago, I worked a bit for a Home Automation company, programming some Crestron and interfaces.
    When I bought my house in 2008, I decided to wait to upgrade the dimmers and stuff, because, in my opinion, from my hands-on experience, the technology was not there yet.

Fast forward to 2016, I'm remodling more than half of the house from the ground up.
    I take another peek at light control and realize not much has changed, in 10 years!

Here's a list of what I was expecting, by shelling out big money :
    - ability to change the dim level on schedule, without turning on the light
    - ability to assign any action on double-tap
    - ability to assign any action on long press

We all agree it's no rocket science.

So, I guess I'll install cheapo dimmers for the moment and wait another 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrent View Post
    - ability to change the dim level on schedule, without turning on the light
    - ability to assign any action on double-tap
    - ability to assign any action on long press
    This isn't asking too much, just too much from RA2. HomeWorks QS processor (and HW in general) has always been able to do this.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Just then need an upgrade path...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast