Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Additional RadioRA2 programming features/wish-list

Additional RadioRA2 programming features/wish-list

If any of these features are possible (with a work-around, etc), please let me know....
    I'll probably eventually submit these requests to Lutron SystemSupport unless CraigW or someone grabs them first.

Previously submitted to Lutron Support/Development team:

- Ability to set the brightness of the Dimmer LED's (while the light/load is in the off-state). This feature is available via manual APM programming, but not available in the Essentials/Inclusive Software.

New requests:

1. Ability to 'bind' one or more load switches together via software programming. AKA ability to activate two loads simultaneously from one dimmer/switch location. (The only way this can be done today is via a keypad scene). Binding is a fairly standard feature on other lighting systems, and Lutron Homeworks (I believe).

2. Ability to have the first press of the raise/lower toggle button on a Dimmer switch (when the light is currently off) to turn the light on to the programmed preset level (or the last/previous level, if this option is selected in programming). How many times have you reached around a dark corner to turn on a light, and your fingers hit the raise/lower button by mistake? As a result, the lights come one to 1-2% instead of the desired preset (or last/previous) level desired. With this new option, the raise/lower button would function normally after the light is on.

3. A new 'Scene' programming option - It would be nice to have a standard scene where 'ON' runs the Programmed Scene & 'OFF' un-does the Programmed Scene (reverts back to lighting levels prior to the Scene ON command). The OFF command would only work assuming no light levels had been adjusted since the ON command was initiated. How many times has a guest accidentally pressed an 'ALL ON' or 'ALL OFF' scene by mistake? With today's programming, pressing the 'All ON' button a second time does nothing (assuming it's a regular scene program and not a toggle scene/room monitor, etc). With this new option, the startled guest could simply push the button again, and 'undo' the All On or All Off command. I suppose the complexity of this request lies in the ability to keep a constant monitor of all light levels in memory, so they could be restored at any moment.

2. Thanks Craig W. thanked for this post
    Likes schalliol liked this post
    There's another thread mentioning the Maestro bathroom fan style countdown timer switches, I'd love for RadioRA2 to support those.

4. Thanks Craig W. thanked for this post
    +1 for all of these. Good thoughts!

I like the last one for sure. Maybe another option for #3 that's not as good as whatever it was before it was adjusted last could be simply an un-press on the button turns the lights to another pre-defined state. I like room monitoring with a scene, but I'd like the ability to effectively trigger an alternate scene (or trigger an all off like a pico program) when the preset is in use and turned off.

i.e. if the lights are not at the scene setting (maybe some are on at varying levels and maybe some are off):
    1. Pressing it once brings the scene up and the light illuminates
    2. Pressing it again brings the light off scene up or just turns them off

I do prefer the notion of what you said though. I can see running upstairs from the basement home theater and pressing a button to turn on some lights but maybe there are other lights that were set before you'd like to return to.

Excellent ideas, I'd love to have a shared toggle with Scene status LED. In other words a shared "path of light" button. There currently is no option for this that I am aware of other than copying the button program (but this gets tedious in larger systems).

I just joined this forum to request that the Pico control support something more than a simple scene on. Use case is I have all of the buttons except the center circle button controlling the master bedroom lights and the Pico controls are next to the bed. I currently use HA software to have the center button turn on AND off the lights to the master bathroom for a middle of the night run. I was going to ask if the Pico control could be setup to turn on/off a load. However, if #3 were implemented to turn on AND off a scene, that would address my use case as well.

Regarding #1, we were recently discussing lighting on Cocoontech and one of the advanced forum members, who's actually a dealer/installer, was comparing UPB lighting against RadioRa2 and there were several nice features that UPB has. One of them was the ability to have a switch control multiple loads, which is equivalent to your #1. The second was the ability to assign actions to switches when they are double-tapped.

So I like all 3 of your feature requests and hope to see them one day soon in RadioRa2. Oh yeah, along with the Maestro fan/light control in a single Decora device.

Yes great Ideas...

I still think the iphone needs a dashboard kind of like the ipad but show What's On for lights in the house. Then if someone left a light on I can simply turn it off.

9. Likes schalliol liked this post
    Agreed. The current iPhone/iPad apps don't allow for a very flexible light switch controlling dashboard. Would be great to hide/remove the temperature and other things that we might not use / might not be applicable and use it to control more light switches.

Would also be great to see more options for Pico switches as an alternative to the 7 key seetouch keypads, that way, no electrician wiring is required.

Quote Originally Posted by rmauritzson View Post
    - Ability to set the brightness of the Dimmer LED's (while the light/load is in the off-state). This feature is available via manual APM programming, but not available in the Essentials/Inclusive Software.
    Sorry to bring up a 2-year old thread. I would like to know if something has been done about this feature.
    I'm currently studying Lutron RadioRa2 to see if it fulfill my needs.
    One of the features I want the most is the ability to set the ON DIMMER LEVEL without turning on the light.

At 10:30pm, I want all my dimmers to stay off, but set themselves to something like 30%.
    At 6:00am, they would all go back to whatever they were before the night.

That way, if I wake up at night with my dilated pupils, I'll not be afraid to go to the bathroom and be blinded by the light.

Now that would be pretty rad. I can totally see why you'd want to do this. Basically you're asking for the on level to be programmable by a standard time clock event.

I really miss the very simple ability to 'bind' two devices together. How is that not possible?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast