Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RA2 Main Repeater Phantom Buttons, How to use KP Buttons to trigger Phantom Programs

Question RA2 Main Repeater Phantom Buttons, How to use KP Buttons to trigger Phantom Programs

I may be reaching to far and been spoiled by other systems, but I am looking for a way to use the phantom programs in the main repeater as the actual program and want to be able to trigger these phantom programs from physical KP Buttons in the building. As I know where the tail end of this project will be going (hours of slight modifications to the scenes over and over just to land back to the original program) I would love to only have to program / reprogram the 8 scenes in one location on the main repeater and let the macro / reference remain the same on approximately 60 keypad buttons across the building. I have been updating these buttons over and over already, it's getting old fast. T
    hanks in advance for your assistance.
    Greg Celi

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    If you are using the Inclusive version of the RadioRA2 software you can use shared scenes. This would allow you to make the changes to the shared scene and then every button that uses that same shared scene would have those changes applied.

Smile

We are using the inclusive version , but I am unable to figure out through forums and help files how to attach buttons to scenes (or how to enable shared scenes).

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Below is a link for the RadioRA2 online training videos that you can reference for how to create the shared scenes and how to assign them to the buttons. You will need to login with your myLutron account to watch these videos. The video for using and programming shared buttons is module 3.13.

http://www.lutron.com/en-US/general/...ideoGuide.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Craig W. View Post
    Below is a link for the RadioRA2 online training videos that you can reference for how to create the shared scenes and how to assign them to the buttons. You will need to login with your myLutron account to watch these videos. The video for using and programming shared buttons is module 3.13.

http://www.lutron.com/en-US/general/...ideoGuide.aspx
    Is there any way to watch these without having a browser with Flash installed? Most no longer support Flash, and I think the videos themselves are mp4 now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post
    Is there any way to watch these without having a browser with Flash installed? Most no longer support Flash, and I think the videos themselves are mp4 now anyway.
    For anyone savvy with linux, this may come in handy if you want to download the videos. (all one line)

Code:
    rtmpdump -s "http://www.lutron.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/javascript/Flowplayer/flowplayer.rtmp-3.2.12.swf" -r "rtmp://qrqghhfh63e5.rtmphost.com/ra2training/Phantom%20Button%20Programming.mp4" -o "Phantom Button Programming.mp4"
    Repeat as necessary for any of the other clips. Now I can watch them without being stuck with a flash-equipped browser.

7. Thanks gt3mike thanked for this post